If you see an error message that says "Windows update error 0x80070424“On the computer, the system will not receive crucial updates unless I manually fix the problem. Follow these simple steps and the problem is easily fixed.
Workarounds you can try-
1. Restart your computer and see if it helps.
2. Temporarily disable the antivirus and firewall on your device and then try to update your device.
Fix-1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter-
Running Windows Update Troubleshooter will detect any errors with the Windows Update Process file on your computer.
1. Click the Windows icon to access the search box. Now Write "Troubleshoot configuration issues".
2. In the elevated search results, you need to click on "Troubleshoot configuration issues".
3. Scroll down in the Settings window until you see the "Windows update"Problem solver.
4. Then click on "Run the troubleshooter“To run a troubleshooter.
3. Now, all you have to do is wait, as the troubleshooter will perform a basic Windows Udpate check.
4. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to follow these simple steps.
This process will take some time as Windows will detect any problems with Windows Update.
3. When the troubleshooter has found the problem, click "The next“To apply the correction.
Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, try to update your system again.
Fix-2 Automate CMD services-
You can automate the necessary services from the Command Prompt window.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running.
2. Digita “cmd“And press Ctrl + Shift + Enter together.
System symbol The window with administrative rights will open.
2. To schedule these 4 services to automatically start upon reboot, copy paste these one by one and hit Log in.
sc config wuauserv start=auto sc config cryptSvc start=auto sc config bits start=auto sc config trustedinstaller start=auto
After running these commands on your computer, start again your system and after rebooting, try to update your computer again.
Fix-3 automates the Windows Update Service
Windows Update Automation The service on your computer can help you.
1. Press the button Windows key. Then write "Services“In the search bar.
2. Then click on "Services“In the search result.
Services window will open.
2. When the File Services window opens, scroll down to find the "Windows update"Service. Double click on it to open its properties.
3-inch Update Windows Properties, click 'Start type:' and choose 'Automatic".
4. Click on 'Stellat "to start the process if" Service status: 'Is not "Running".
5. Next, click on “To apply"Y"ok“To save the changes on your computer.
6. Returning to the Services window, the right mouse button in "Windows update"Service and then click"Restart“To restart the service on your computer.
Close the Services window on your computer.
Check if it works or not.