If your browser has changed its search engine to Yahoo and even if you change it it keeps appearing when you restart your computer, surely you have installed a program or app that has changed the default settings for the search engine.
To fix this and be able to return to your favorite search engine, try these steps.
How to remove Yahoo as a search engine
Install MalwareByte and run a malware scan. Often Yahoo is always repurposed as a search engine because you have contracted a virus or malware. Installing this program and running a scan may fix the problem.
- Download for free.
- Run the app and do a scan.
- Fix / remove infected files and browser will stop switching to Yahoo.
Reset your browser
If this is not enough to solve the problem, you can reset the browser.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the More Options button at the top right and select "Settings" from the menu.
- Click "Advanced" at the bottom, then scroll down to the Reset and Cleanup section.
- Click "Restore Original Defaults". Confirm the restore.
- Open Firefox and click the hamburger icon at the top right.
- Go to Help> Troubleshooting Information.
- In the tab that opens, click on the "Refresh Firefox" button.
- Confirm the update.
- Open Opera and expand the sidebar.
- Select Settings and click Advanced.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the option Restore factory defaults.
- Confirm the restore.
I hope this article has been helpful to you and that now your browser is no longer showing the search on Yahoo all the time and that you can switch back to a different search engine such as Google. You discover .