Funnel Charts can be used in sales renderings which can be used to show sales at each stage and potential revenue. Provides a unique representation of the business data you are trying to view. The data can be organized in descending (or ascending) order for clear representations using a funnel chart. An ideal funnel chart starts at 100% and then shows the stages in which the consequences occur until the last stage is reached. Funnel charts paired with research data on items lost in the process can be very helpful in identifying major bottlenecks in a process. This post is about creating funnel charts in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2016.
Let's first see how we can render in Excel 2016.
How to create a funnel chart in Excel 2016
- Select the data you want to graph.
- Click on To insert tab at the top.
- Click Insert a waterfall or stock chart. This can be seen in the graphics on the top line, where some illustrations of various graphic representations are provided.
- In the menu that opens, click Funnel.
- You can click on the file paintbrush icon next to the graphics to customize it.
- Bottom Style, various representations are given. And under Color, too many color combinations. Choose the ones you like best and create your own designs.
- Now, if you want to add a new value to the chart, please type the value into the cells.
- Select the chart by clicking on it.
- Click Design.
- Now select the cell where you entered the new values.
- print ok and the new values will be added to the chart.
How to create a funnel chart in PowerPoint 2016
- Click To insert.
- Click on Graphics.
- Scegliere Funnel from the list of options. Click ok button.
- A template funnel chart appears along with an Excel sheet. Customize the chart the way you want by editing the Excel sheet. The changes will be reflected in the rendering of the PowerPoint chart.
- Here you can also change the color and representation by clicking on the brush icon next to the image.
How to create a funnel chart in Word 2016
To insert in Word 2016 follow the same steps as in PowerPoint. That being:
- Click To insert and select Graphics.
- Scegliere Funnel.
- A funnel chart appears along with data from an Excel sheet. Make the necessary changes to the Excel sheet. The graph changes accordingly.
The best analysis can be done if we have the data represented in ways that can be easily understood. And the funnel chart is a unique representation that can be used in many cases where other types of diagrams don't fit. Hope it helps you!