Solved: Downloads folder opens slowly in Windows 10: - Nobody likes to wait. Expectation is something the beast often pulls out of most of us. If you've been using your PC for a long time, you might have a download file binder. There can be songs, pictures, videos, shows, anything and everything that could be there. So what's the problem here? As the download The folder gets bigger and bigger, so does the time it takes to open. Wouldn't it be nice enough to look at the green bar to get to the end, for your download folder to finally open in front of you. But removing important things or relocating content is often not considered an ideal solution for speeding up the opening of the download binder. So is there any workaround to fix the download folder opening slowly issue? Well, you are in the right place. Read more about the article and follow the steps below to solve this little problem that seems so big.
See also: - How to speed up slow loading of folders in Windows
- Launch File Browser. You can do this by clicking File Browser on the taskbar as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now down This PC In the left window pane, find the folder named downloads. Right-click on it and in the context menu that expands, find and click on the option called Properties.
- A new window called Download Properties opens as shown in the screenshot.
- Now click on the Customize tab. There will be a drop-down list associated with the option that says Optimize this folder for. Now click on the arrow at the bottom of the drop-down list.
- From the drop-down list, select the option called General Articles.
- Don't forget to check the box corresponding to the option that says Apply this template to all subfolders as well. Once done, hit Request then Okay button. Restart your PC or Windows Explorer for the changes to take over. That is.
This is how simple you can fix your file download folder opening slowly. Try this trick today. Hope you found the article useful. Keep coming back as there is always something new and interesting waiting for you here.