Occasionally, WordPress offers users an option to upgrade. Although they always say they should back up files and databases, no one listens to them in this lazy world. Who would move his $$ is, hopefully every time he updates and neglects security practices every time.
Now here is the solution of your wordpress update not working and you I can't login to your wp-admin. There will be two famous possibilities after things go wrong while updating wordpress.
CASE 1 # Show maintenance message like this below.
briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance
Solution: Connect to your server via FTP and delete .Maintenance file located there. It will be in the root directory. which is located in the same directory where .htaccess is located.
If you can't find it, log in via the control panel and delete by viewing the hidden files and locating the .maintenance file.
CASE 2 # you fail to log into your wordpress site and get a blank page.
This is the most unfortunate condition for a WordPress webmaster as he begins to regret why he didn't back up before. But don't worry at all, as updating wordpress only changes two things on your wordpress website. File first and second by altering db to some extent. These two things cannot destroy your hard work. The messages you've written working day and night for years.
- First connect your server via FTP and download wp-config.php to your desktop and make a backup. we will need it later.
- Then go to this collegamento to find the wordpress archive of previous versions. The one above will be the version you were trying to upgrade to. The second will be the version that was present with you just before this disaster happened. Download the second zip file (previous version of wordpress) on your pc. Pull it out.
3. Now delete all files from your root directory. The root directory will be inside the httpdocs or public_html directory. You can also delete it via the control panel, this will be very fast and deleting files via FTP will take too long.
4. Now upload the wordpress files extracted from the previous version downloaded in step 2 to the empty root folder.
5. Finally upload the wp-config.php file you downloaded in step 1.
6. Greetings! Since you have restored your wordpress to the previous version.
How to update wordpress again successfully
The solution is to downgrade wordpress. No, degradation is not the solution, degradation only serves to bring things back to normal. After that, disable all your plugins and update again. it will be fine as there must be some plugins conflicting with the update.