PCL XL error Usually occurs due to printer driver corruption. If you get this error, you don't need to worry. There are solutions available that can easily fix this problem on your computer. Follow these fixes in this article and the problem will be fixed in no time. But before proceeding, try these solutions on your computer first.
1. If this is the first time you have encountered this error on your computer, start again the computer and printer. After restarting, try to print something and check if the error persists or not.
2. Follow these steps:
for. Turn off the printer and disconnect it from the computer. Wait a moment.
C. Reconnect the printer and modify 'NEL' the printer.
Check if you still have 'PCL XL Error' on your computer.
3. Check for Windows update pending or not. If there are any pending updates on your computer, let Windows download and install them on your computer.
If any of these solutions didn't work, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Uninstall and reinstall the printer device-
Uninstalling and reinstalling the printing device on your computer can help.
1. To open the Device Administrator window on your computer, press Windows key + X and then click "Device administrator".
2 inch Device Administrator window, expand "Print queues“To view the list of printer drivers.
3. When you can see the printing device you are using, the right mouse button on it and click "Uninstall driver".
4. If a warning message appears, click "Yup".
Restart your computer. After restarting, the printer driver should be automatically installed on your computer.
If you notice that the printer driver is not installed on your computer, follow these steps to install it manually:
for. Press Windows key + X and then click "Device administrator".
second. In the Device Administrator window, click "Action"And then click"Check for hardware changes".
Windows will detect the absence of the printer driver and install it.
Now try to print something on your computer. Check if you still have the 'PCL XLerror on your computer.
Fix-2 Rename Printer Related Files-
Renaming a particular type of file on your computer will fix the problem.
1. Press Windows key + E Open file explorer window. Go to this location on your computer-
C: Windows System32 spool drivers x64 3
In this folder, click "Down arrow'next to' Genre 'and so on check the ".gpd"Extension. This will only show you files with the .gpd extension.
2. Now press Ctrl + A to select all files and then press Ctrl + C to copy them. You can keep these files in a safe place to create a backup of these files on your computer.
In case something goes wrong, you can simply get them back.
3. The right mouse button in the first file with .gpd extension and click on "Rename”To rename it according to your choice.
4. Likewise, rename all files with the .gpd extension.
Restart your computer. After restarting the computer, he tries to print something again.
Fix-3 Change the printing preferences on your computer-
You may face PCL XL error if you are using wrong printing preferences on your computer-
1. Pressing the button Windows key With 'RThe 'button will open the file run window.
2. In the running window, type "check printers“And then press Log in.
Tools and Printers window will open.
3 inch Tools and Printers window, scroll down to find the printing device you are currently using, then the right mouse button on it and click "Printing preferences".
3. Now click on "AdvancedEyelash ".
4. Set "TrueType Source:" for "Download as Softfont". Change "Send True Type as Bitmap" to "Qualified".
5. Now click on "To apply"Y"ok“To save the changes.
Restart the computer and printer. After rebooting, the problem should be resolved.
Fix-4 Use Printer Troubleshooter-
If any of the previous solutions didn't fix the problem, you can use printer troubleshooter which can detect and fix the printer problem on your computer.
1. You can open Windows settings by simply pressing the button Tasto Windows + I.
2. Click on 'Update and security”To window settings.
3. Now click on "Solve problems“On the left side of the window settings.
4. Similarly, on the right side, scroll down and find and click on "Printer", Then click"Run the troubleshooter“To run the troubleshooter on your computer.
5. The troubleshooter will now run on your computer and detect any problems with the printer.
It will try some solutions to fix the problem on your computer. Close the troubleshooting window.
Your problem should be solved.