If File Navigator crashes or crashes on your computer and you are wondering what to do, follow the fixes in this article and the problem will be fixed in no time. But before moving on to the best solutions, you should first look for these solutions to try some simpler solutions for your problem.
1. Curriculum vitae your computer and check if it helps or not.
2. Check if you are using an administrative account on your computer; if not, log in with an administrative account and then check if the problem persists.
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Use ShellExView to detect the cause of the problem-
Shell extensions are mainly installed and managed by Windows. However, some third-party applications also install their own shell extensions on the computer. File Explorer is prone to crash easily if there is a corrupted third-party shell extension on your system.
To disable all third-party shell extensions, follow these steps:
1. Download ShellExView on your computer. Extract the downloaded zip file to a location of your choice.
2. Go to the folder where you extracted the zip file. Double click over it "shexview.exe".
Wait a bit ShellExView It will take some time to gather information from your system.
3. In the ShellExView window, click "choices"In the menu bar and then click"Hide all Microsoft extensions".
You will be able to see only third party shell extensions in the window.
4. Click Gender to sort by item type.
5. Now, right-click and deactivate all Contextual menu objects with pink background.
Restart your computer. After rebooting, your File Navigator problem needs to be resolved.
If you don't want to disable all third-party shell extensions in your File Navigator, follow these steps to find out the problematic shell extension.
1. Disable the first shell extension in the list.
2. Check if the File Browser window is locked or not.
Repeat these two steps until File Navigator stops crashing. After disabling a certain extension, File Navigator will stop crashing. This extension (usually the application) is the main cause of the error.
You simply have to uninstall that particular application from your computer.
Follow these steps to uninstall the program from your computer:
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running. Now type "appwiz.cpl“And hit Pay in. Programs and Features window will open.
2 inch Programs and Features window, in the applications and packages list, scroll down to find the application on your computer.
3. Simply double click in the application you want to uninstall from your computer.
After uninstalling the program / application, don't forget start again your computer.
After restarting your computer, check if File Navigator is still frozen or not.
Fix-2 Restart the File Explorer process on your computer-
Restart the File Navigator The process on your computer can fix the problem on your computer.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter together. This will launch the Task Manager on your computer.
2. In the Task Manager window, scroll down and find the "File Navigator"Proceed to your computer.
3. Now, the right mouse button on it and then click "Curriculum vitae”To restart the process on your computer.
After restarting File Navigator, wait a moment and then check if File Navigator works or not.