Ntoskrnl.exe is a system application that manages essential elements such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management in Windows 10. Sometimes, invalid or outdated device drivers, malware or viruses and even system files corrupted files can cause Ntoskrnl.exe to fail. The main anomaly of Ntoskrnl.exe includes the consumption of a huge amount of processing power and / or free memory available.
But before proceeding with the main fixes, you should try these workarounds:
1. Run a full scan for viruses or malware on system files.
2. Check if this Windows update is pending or not.
If these didn't work, go for these fixes-
Fix 1: Disable RunFullMemoryDiagnostic in Task Scheduler
1. close Event Agenda in the Windows 10 search box.
2. Click Event Agenda search icon.
3. In the scheduler window, on the left menu, navigate to the following location by expanding the items: -
Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> MemoryDiagnostic
4. Right-click on the right side RunFullMemoryDiagnostic and choose deactivate.
Fix-2 Change registry-
Editing the registry to clear paging files on shutdown could fix this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + S. Then start typing "regedit".
2. Now, click on “Registry Editor“From the search results to open it on your computer.
3. Now go to this header file-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerMemory Management
4. On the right side of the same window, double click over it "ClearPageFileAtShutdown“To change it.
5. Next, you need to set "Value data 'for"1".
6. Now, click on “ok".
Now close the Registry Editor window. Restart your computer and then check if it works or not.
Fix-3 Disabilita Runtime Broker-
1. Press Windows + I key together to open settings.
2. Click System.
3. Click Notifications and actions from the left menu.
4. Uncheck the option “Get tips, tricks and tips while using Windows”.
Alternative method to disable the runtime broker via the registry editor
Run this registry script to disable Runtime Broker on your computer.
1. In the beginning right click in the empty space of Desktop and then click on "New>".
2. Then click on “Text document".
2. Now, double click above 'New text document' to access it.
3. When the Notepad file window appears on the screen, copy paste these lines.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ServicesTimeBroker] “Start”=dword:00000003 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ServicesSysMain] “DisplayName”=”Superfetch” “Start”=dword:00000003
4. Then click on “Fillet"And then click"Save as ...".
7. Now you need to name the file as "Regfix.reg"And choose"All files“From the file type.
8. Choose a particular location to store the file.
9. Then click on "Save“To save the file on your computer.
Near Notepad window.
10. Now go to where you just saved the file.
11. When you have reached the place, right click on the "Regfix.reg"Script and then click"Merge“To merge it with the original register.
12. If you receive a warning, click on "Yup“To run the script on your computer.
Restart your computer.
After restarting, Ntoskrnl.exe will not consume a high amount of processing power.
Fix-4 Free virtual memory from Windows drive-
Freeing the paging file from the Windows drive may solve this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R open Run.
2. In the Run window, type "sysdm.cpl“And then press enter open System Properties.
3. Now you need to click on the button "Advanced"Form.
4. Under the "Performance" tab, you need to click on "settings".
5. Next, go to the "Advanced"Form.
6. Under the 'Adjust for best performance:' option click 'Program".
7. Now, under the 'Virtual Memory', click on 'Modify".
8. In Virtual Memory window, deselect the option "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives".
9. To free the Windows drive from paging files, follow these steps:
a. At first, select "C:" Drive.
b. And then. select the radio button next to the "No layout size".
c. Next, click on "Set to“To set it up.
10. In case a warning message appears, click on "Yup“To confirm the change.
11. Click on 'ok“After setting up the page files.
12. In sequence, click on "To apply" over it "ok“To save the changes.
13. In the last step, click on "To apply"And then on"ok".
Restart your device.
After restoring virtual memory on your computer Ntoskrnl.exe will stop consuming a high amount of CPU or available memory power.