While running a script on your Windows 10 computer, you may see an error message "STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR, error code: 0xc0000006". This problem is more common for users who frequently run Visual Basic Scripts (VBS) on their system. Follow these simple solutions to fix the problem on your computer.
1. Restart your system and try running the script on your computer again.
2. If you are using a firewall or antivirus, disable or uninstall it. Then, try running the script again.
Fix-1 Change the AppInit_DLLs value
AppInit_DLLs is a registry key that records the number of crashes affecting other software. Sometimes this key can damage the system and generate STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.
1. Press the button Windows + R key. This will open a file run window.
2. In that running terminal, type "regedit"And then click"ok".
To Registry Editor finestra, fare click su “archive"And then click"Export". This will do a backup.
3. Go to this location
4. Now, in the right hand side file, double click on him "AppInit_DLLs“Registry key.
5. In the Edit String window, hold down the blank 'Value data:' box.
6. Now click on "ok".
Close the Registry Editor window.
Restart computer for the changes to take effect.
After restarting your computer, run the script on your computer again.
Fix-2 Try a repair installation
If possible, try to perform a repair installation of the program. For example, if you get this error for Microsoft Office, try the following steps.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I together from the keyboard to open settings.
2. Click Applications.
3. Click App and features in the menu on the left.
4. Now find Office in the search box on the right.
5. Click Modify.
6. Now click riparazione