Many users have been complaining about this particular problem that the spooler service on their Windows 10 PC will not keep running and will stop immediately without showing any error message. Here's how to fix this error.
Solution 1: via command prompt
1. close system symbol in the Windows 10 taskbar search.
2. Now, right-click on cmd the e icon appeared Run as administrator.
3. Simply run the following command to stop the spooler service.
net stop spooler
4. Now run the following command again.
net start spooler
You just restarted the spooler service.
Solution two: clear the print queue
1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
2. Now run the following command, executing each line one by one.
net stop spooler del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters* /Q /F /S net start spooler
Solution 3: Set the startup type to Automatic in the service manager
1. Press Tasto Windows + R key together to open run.
2. Write services.msc on it and click OK to open supervisor.
3. Now find spooler service and right click on it and click Property.
4. Now configure kind of start like Automatic from the drop-down menu and click Home if it is not running.
5. Finally, click To apply and click ok.
Fix 4: remove the printer from the PC
1. Click Home Button.
2. Click the gear icon to open settings.
3. Now go to devices.
4. Choose Printers and scanners in the menu on the left.
5. Now click on your printer device to expand it.
6. Now choose Remove the device to remove the printer.
Solution 5: Change the recovery options
1. Search for services in the search box.
2. Click Services to open the service manager.
3. Now, right-click on the spooler service and select Properties.
4. Now select Recovery Tongue.
5. Now make sure that restart the service is selected under all fault conditions as shown.
1. Press Windows key and R key. Together for Open RUN.
2. Now write services.msc on it and press Enter.
3. Once the service manager is open, just search Print spooler Service.
4. Now click on it and Stop to stop this service.
5. Now go to File Explorer.
6. Now go to C: Windows System32 spool PRINTERS
7. Now, To remove all files in the folder.
8 Now, find control panel in the taskbar search
9. Click the Control Panel icon and go to Control Panel.
10. Now choose View Di Category.
11. Then click View devices and printers.
12. Now, right click on the printer and To remove Printer.
13. Now, Home il Print spooler service again by going to the service manager.
14. Now right-click anywhere in Devices and Printer and add a printer again.
Solution 7: Delete the registry keys
1. Press Tasto Windows + R key together to open run command box.
2. Now type regedit on it and click OK.
3. Now first of all, before doing anything with the registry editor, make a backup copy of the registry editor, just click File> Export and make a backup.
4. Now go to the following path in the registry editor.
Per PC a 32 bit, vai a: –
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86Print Processors
Per PC a 64 bit, vai a: –
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows x64Print Processors
Now, remove all keys except winprint. After that, close the registry editor and restart your PC.