Does your computer not shut down when you are trying to shut it down? If your computer doesn't shut down at all, don't worry. This problem is usually caused by fast startup or corrupted drivers on the computer. Follow these simple solutions and the problem will be solved in the blink of an eye.
Fix-1 Disable and reactivate hibernation-
Disabling and resuming the hibernation system could fix this problem on your computer.
1. Close “cmd“In the search box.
2. Hence, right click over it "Command Prompt"In the search result with elevated privileges and choose"Run as administrator".
Command prompt with administrative rights will open.
3. To disable hibernation, copy paste this command and press enter.
powercfg h off
Near Command Prompt window.
Try shutting down your computer.
Fix 2- Disable Fast Startup-
This problem can be caused by a fast boot. Disabling it will fix this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R launch Running window.
2. Now, copy paste this command and then press enter to run it.
Power Options window will open.
3. Now, click on the button "Choose what the power buttons do”Option.
4. You need to click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
5. Next, under 'Shutdown settings', deselect the option "Enable fast startup (recommended)".
6. Then click on “Save the changes".
Now try shutting down your computer.
If this fix doesn't work, move on to the next fix.
IMEI Update / Rollback Driver Fix-3-
Updating or rolling back the IMEI file by the driver can fix this problem.
1. By pressing Tasto Windows + R it should start a File Run window.
2. To open Device Manager, "devmgmt.msc“And press enter.
3. Now, expand "System devices"And then in the expanded list, double click over it "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface".
4. Next, click the "driver"Form.
5. To update the driver, click "Update Driver".
6. Then click on “Automatically searches for updated driver software".
7. If you see this message "The best drivers for your device are already installed" and then click on "Close".
8. Back in the Properties window, click on "Driver in rollback".
9. Select "My apps don't work with this driver"And then click"Yup".
This will roll back the previous version of the driver.
Close the Device Manager window and shut down your computer. It should solve your problem.
Your problem will be solved for sure.