It is very easy to notice a file type just by looking at the file icon. This feature helps users to quickly identify the correct file type from a stack of different file types. It will be very annoying for you if the word icon doesn't appear with .doc or .docx files on your computer. To fix the problem, follow these step-by-step fixes and you will see the normal word icon in both .doc and .docx file types.
Fix-1 Set the .docx file to open with Winword.exe–
You may have installed a program that took the comment "default application" from the .docx file. To fix this, please follow
1. First, open the File Browser.
2. The right mouse button in any .docx file, then click "To open with ...".
3 inchesHow do you want to open this file?', Click on "Other apps⬇"option.
4. In the same window, check the option "Always use this application to open .docx files".
5. Now click on "Look for another app on this PC".
6. In the Open window, you need to navigate to the location of the 'winword' application.
For 64-bit users C: Programmi Microsoft Office root Office16
For 32-bit users C: Programmi (x86) Microsoft Office root Office16
7. Select "WinWord"And then click"Open".
The .docx file will open in Word. All .docx files will open with word From this moment.
Try checking other .docx files on your computer.
If the problem persists, look for the next solution.
Fix-2 Change DefaultIcon value-
Changing the 'DefaultIcon' word value Documents will solve this problem.
Before making any changes to the registry, make a backup copy of the registry. To do this, once the Registry Editor is open, click on the button "archive"And then in"Export". You can use this backup if you have a problem with your computer.
1. Click the Windows icon and then type "regedit“In the search box.
2. Next, press "Log in'.
3. Navigate here
4. Hence, double click in "(Default)“To change it.
5. Now copy paste the following in 'Value data:'.
Per Word 2016 (64 bit)– C: Programmi Microsoft Office root Office16 wordicon.exe, 13
Per Word 2016 (32 bit)– C: Programmi (x86) Microsoft Office root Office16 wordicon.exe, 13
6. Click on 'ok“To save the changes.
Close Registry Editor window.
Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, the .docx files will display the Word icon.
Fix-3 Remove iconcache from local folder-
Iconcache is the cache that contains temporary icon information, removing it will solve this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch run window.
2. In the running window, type "%temperature%“And then press Log in.
3. Now click on "Local“In the address bar.
4. Next, click on “View".
5. Again, click "Choices".
6. In the Folder Options window goes to the "ViewEyelash ".
7. Click the radio button next to the "Show hidden files, folders and drives".
8. Then click on "To apply"And then in"ok".
Hidden folders will be visible.
9. Search for the "Iconcache"archive.
10. Once you have found "Iconcache"archive, the right mouse button on it and click "To remove".
Close Window File Browser.
Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
After restarting your computer, you will notice that the .docx files show the Word icon.
Your problem will be solved.