Many users are having problems with mobile hotspot not connecting to their devices, here are some tips to solve this problem.
Before that, we need to make sure that the device is well connected to the internet.
Fix 1: disable internet sharing
1. Press Tasto Windows + R together to open run command box.
2. Write ncpa.cpl into it and click ok.
3. Right-click the network adapter and select property.
4. Click sharing Tab.
5. Make sure that Allow other network users to connect via ... the option is unchecked.
Fix 2: Using Registry Editor
First of all before using this method, make a backup of the registry editor by going to File> Export in the registry editor. Now follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Press Windows key + r together to open run
2. Write regedit and click ok.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location shown below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services WlanSvc Parameters HostedNetworkSettings
4. Now, delete HostedNetworkSettings key in the right side.
Now try using Mobile Hotspot again.
Fix 3: Resetting the Windows Firewall.
1. Close “Windows Security'in the Windows search bar and click on the Windows security icon from the search result.
2. Next we have to click on the button "Firewall and Network Protection '' icon from the vertical bar in the left pane.
In the screen that appears we have to go to the bottom and click on the "Reset firewalls to default values'.
3. On the next page, we need to confirm the firewall reset by clicking the Reset to default values icon.
You need to reboot the system once to check if the mobile hotspot issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Running the Windows Network Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter is an option we can choose to find and fix problems in the system.We must follow these steps to fix.
1. Close “Troubleshoot the settings " in the Windows search bar and click the Settings Troubleshooter icon.
2. Going down the screen, click on "Network card"To expand it and click"Run the troubleshooter".
Windows will automatically attempt to detect any errors in the system adapter setup and driver.
Fix 3 - Resetting the system's wireless adapter
After trying fixes 1 and 2, we can try to reset the system's wireless adapter, just follow these steps.
1. Close “Device Manager“In the Windows search bar and click the Device Manager icon. The Device Manager window opens.
2. Scroll down to "Network card" and double click to expand it. Select from the list "Wireless network adapter", Right click on it and select"Disable device”Option.
3. Disable the WiFi adapter by right clicking on "Wireless network adapter“Used by the system.
4. We need to enable the Nnetwork adapter back by right-clicking on Wireless network adapter.
Fix 4 - Disabling the Windows firewall and antivirus
Firewall and antivirus can sometimes prevent us from connecting to the mobile hotspot.
Try disabling the antivirus program by following these steps:
1. On the Windows screen, right-click the antivirus program and select the disable option.
2. Check if the problem is solved.
If disabling the antivirus doesn't work, try disabling the Windows Defender firewall.
Steps to disable the Windows firewall -
1. close Control Panel in the Windows search bar. A new screen opens.
2. Click on 'System and security " to go to the firewall settings.
3. Then click on "Windows Defender Firewall “.
4. Click on 'Windows Defender Firewall“In the left pane of the screen to disable the firewall.
5. Click on the option "Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off“Which is located in the left pane of the screen.
Check if the problem is resolved with the network adapters.