One of the main selling points of Google Meet is that most people already have it. You can use it with a Google account (or without one) and it's free.
To join a Google Meet meeting is the link to the meeting. You have the option to sign in with your Google account and join it, or join a meeting without an account.
Link to Google Meet
To join a Google Meet meeting, you need to be connected to it. The meeting link can be;
- Found in the invitation to the meeting
- Shared directly by the meeting organizer via email or chat app
Once you have the link, you can join the meeting. Note that you won't be able to join a meeting that hasn't started. If you enter the meeting before it has started, you will be placed in a queue. Only when the meeting organizer allows you to join the meeting will you be authorized to enter.
Google Meet joins a meeting
You can join a Google Meet meeting from your desktop using a modern desktop browser. There is no dedicated desktop app for Google Meet.
- Apri il that browser.
- Enter the meeting link in the URL bar and tap Enter.
- Log into your Google account if you wish.
- If you don't want to sign in with a Google account, enter a name and click Join.
- Wait for the meeting organizer to allow you to join the meeting.
Note: Your browser will ask for permission to access the microphone and camera when you visit the meeting link. To be heard when you speak in a meeting, you'll need to allow your browser access to the microphone. If you want to participate with a video, allow the browser to access your webcam.
To join a Google Meet meeting from a phone, follow these steps.
- Install the Google Meet app on your phone. It is available for Android and iOS.
- Open the app and sign in with a Google account.
- Tap Join a meeting.
- Enter the meeting link.
- Tap Join.
Note: You must allow the Google Meet app to access the microphone and camera when you first install it.