How to add and delete contacts in Gmail. Google can manage emails, calendars, contacts, cloud storage and much more. If you keep your Gmail contacts up to date, you can easily sync with your phone or tablet contacts. But how to add or delete contacts in Gmail?
How to add new Gmail contacts
- Go to . You can also reach it from Gmail by clicking on the drop-down menu directly below the Google logo that says Gmail and selecting Contacts.
- Click the plus button in the corner at the bottom right of the page.
- Enter the relevant name and contact information you have and do click su Save .
How to add new Gmail contacts from a message
If you've received a message from someone you'd like to add to your contact list, you can do the following:
- Open the email message and click the arrow button next to the reply button.
- Click on Add contact name to contact list . (Where Contact Name is the name of the person who sent you the email.)
How to import contacts to Gmail
If you switch from another mail platform to Gmail, you will probably want to import your contacts in one go. Google offers step-by-step instructions if you want to import contacts from Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, AOL, and other email providers.
You can also import contact lists from a CSV list, but to complete this step you will be redirected to the previous version of Google contacts. After exporting your contact list in CSV format from your current email platform, you can import the list into Gmail by doing the following:
- go to .
- In the left sidebar, click Other to view additional menu items.
- Click on Import > CSV o file vCard .
- In the pop-up window indicating that this preview version of Google Contacts doesn't support imports, click Go to the old Google Contacts .
- A new window will open with the legacy version of Google Contacts and you will need to click again Import contacts in the sidebar.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Choose file and go to where your CSV file was saved.
- Click on It matters.
Once the import is complete, go back to the latest version of Google Contacts and update it to view your newly imported contacts.
How to delete contacts in Gmail
- go to .
- If you search for the contact's name using the search function, their contact card will open. You can also scroll to the person's name in the list. In both cases, click the menu button (three dots) and click More Actions.
- Click on Delete .
Alternatively, if you want to keep contact information but don't want it to appear in your contact list, click Hide from contacts. Their contact information will still be searchable in Google contacts, but it won't be listed on your computer or phone.
The Gmail mobile app doesn't allow you to add or remove contacts from your account.