In this article we will discuss the detailed procedure on how to recover data from any Windows 10 system without booting the operating system. This process will come in handy in case you restore data from your computer during a severe case where you can't boot into Windows 10. By simply following these simple steps, you can transfer your important data to a removable media device and use it elsewhere.
Recover data from your computer to a removable media device
Step 1Note: The first step is to boot your computer into the Windows recovery environment. To do this, start your PC.
Then, as soon as something (usually the logo) appears on the screen, press and hold the PC power button until the PC shuts down.
This may require holding the power button for about 5 seconds and is known as a forced shutdown.
Once your PC has shut down, repeat the process to force shut down your PC a couple more times until your PC shows Preparing for automatic repair screen. You will need to wait for the PC to run diagnostics and enter Windows RE mode.
Note: Your PC can enter the Windows recovery environment in the first, second or third test. Therefore, be careful not to shut down your PC again once you enter RE mode.
Step 2: After the diagnostics are fully run, you will see the following dialog box along with the options. Click on Advanced options.
3 pass: On the next screen that appears, you will get three options; Click on Solve problems option.
4 pass: Now, from the next screen, click on Advanced options.
4. Next, you need to click on "Symbol of the system".
Now the command prompt window will open. Leave the window open.
Finally, follow these steps to transfer your data to removable media devices.
1. Now connect the removable media device (USB) to your computer.
2. Now again writes this command in Window System Symbol and press Pay in keyboard key to open a pad window.
3. In the pad window, click on "archive"In the menu bar, then click"Opened…”To access the hard drive.
4. In the Opened window, on the left side, click "This personal computer".
5. On the left side, you can see all the units.
Navigate to the location where important files / folders are located on the disk.
6. Now simply the right mouse button in the important folder and then click "copy”To copy the folder.
7. Now click on "What PC”In the address bar to display all units again.
8. Now, double click on the removable media device to access it (in this case it is "USB drive (F 🙂").
9. In USB stick Position, the right mouse button in a blank space and then click "Paste”To paste files / folders.
You may have to wait a while as the file transfer will take some time depending on the file size, USB type, etc.
10. Once done, close the Pad Window and Command Prompt Window at the same time.
11. In the Choose an option window, click "Turn off the computer“To turn off the computer.
That is! In this way, you can easily recover any backup file from your system without even booting the system.