Notification sounds in Windows 10 are a great feature that most users find quite useful. If the battery is running low, your PC warns you with a small warning sound. If you turn down the system volume, your PC will give you a little hint of how low it actually is with another notification sound. These are just some of the examples. There are many other useful notifications that Windows 10 provides to its users. But let's take a situation. You have a roommate who is pretty quick-tempered and flinches every time your computer makes that cute little sound. You definitely don't want to get into a fight with her over something as silly as this. At that point, you may want to turn off the Windows notification sounds or change them to a shorter one. Finding the settings to turn off or change Windows 10 default notification sounds can be quite tricky. But don't worry, we're here to help. Read on to learn how to hack this simple trick.
- Right-click the file Start menu icon to open a hidden menu as shown in the image. Here you can see the option called Control Panel; Click on it.
- Once the Control Panel file window opens, just type Dream into Control Panel search box and hit Pay. Now from the displayed search results, click on Dream. If in doubt, take the following screen shot as a reference.
- A new window called Dreaming opens. Here, find and click on the tab called Sounds. Now in the section called Upcoming Events, select the Notification event. Then under that section look for a drop down arrow as shown in the screenshot.
- From the list of options, click No Options if you want Windows not to bother you with notification sounds at all. If you want to change the default notification sound to something else, select a different one of your choice from the drop-down list.
- Once you've selected a new notification sound, you can always try it out using the Test button. If you feel you don't get it right this time, you can always select another notification shade from the drop-down list. When you're happy with your new notification sound, click OK at the bottom of the window.
It's that simple to completely change or disable Windows 10 notification sounds. I hope you found this article helpful.