How to clean and rearrange the Windows 10 taskbar: - The appearance of the taskbar says a lot about your personality. Nobody wants to have a perfectly cluttered taskbar to start their work. If you take a look at the taskbar, it will look something like the screenshot shown, all so cluttered and clickable. To clean the taskbar, perhaps you should take a look at the taskbar first.
Read also: - How to clear the Jump List in Windows 10
Now let's move on to exploring the various ways you can give your taskbar a new and improved look.
Way 1: Use the Cortana icon instead of the Cortana search box
- After analyzing, you may have concluded that your Cortana Search Box took up most of the taskbar. Let's start cleaning there. Right-click on an empty part of the taskbar to display a hidden menu. Find the option called Cortana and move the mouse pointer there. Now click on the second option, which is Show Cortana Icon. This will change your Cortana Search Box to the Cortana Search Icon, which takes up much less space.
- If you have performed the instructions in STEP 2 correctly, the taskbar will now appear as the following screen. Yes, it looks a lot better, doesn't it?
Method 2: Remove the Task View icon if you don't use it often
- We are all familiar with the new Task View Icon It was introduced in Windows 10. But how many of us are used to using this new icon? Very few, perhaps. Well, for those of us who don't use this icon often, the icon that takes up space on the taskbar could be pretty annoying. Let's move on to removing this unwanted icon from our system tray.
- As before, right-click on an empty part of the taskbar to bring up the hidden menu. Uncheck the option that says Show Task View button. Now if you look at the taskbar, you will see that the Task View icon is hidden.
Way 3: remove unwanted toolbars
- You can add four different types of toolbars to the taskbar, which are Direction, Shortcuts, Desktop Y Power manager. Adding all these toolbars to the taskbar definitely improves the user experience by providing quick access to various elements. But with that comes the downside of a cluttered taskbar. In the screenshot below, all the toolbars mentioned above are added to the taskbar. Let's go through the steps to remove these toolbars from the taskbar to make it more organized.
- Right-click an empty part of the taskbar to click Properties in the expanded menu.
- A new window called Taskbar and Start Menu Properties opens. If you click on the last Toolbars tab, you will see that the cells corresponding to all the toolbars are checked.
- Uncheck all those cells as shown in the image, click Apply and then in okay.
- After performing the previous step, the taskbar will look like the following screen.
Way 4: Decide which icons you want to see notifications for.
- You can always get rid of unwanted icons by following this simple trick. write settings in Cortana's search box and then click on it.
- From the list of icons that appears, find and click the one that says System.
- Now from the left window pane, click on the option titled Notifications and Actions. In the right window pane, click Select the icons to display on the taskbar.
- This will result in opening a new window as shown. There is an on / off button associated with each element here. You can turn the toggle OFF button, for those icons you don't want to see notifications on the taskbar.
Way 5: Unlock Programs from Taskbar
- You can always unblock programs you deem unwanted from the taskbar. For that, right-click on the item and then choose the Unblock this program from the taskbar option.
Yes, that's all it takes to have a new taskbar with just the items you want to see. Try these steps today! Hope the article was helpful.