Do you feel overwhelmed and afraid to open your Gmail account? If so, it's time to start using folders to help you navigate your emails.
Gmail's folder system allows you to catalog your emails and keep them organized and tidy. We will show you how to create folders in Gmail so you can be more productive.
How to create folders in Gmail
Technically, Gmail doesn't have folders, but rather labels that function like folders. You can use labels to classify your emails in the same way folders do in other email programs. Create a folder by following these steps:
- Log into your Google account.
- Hit the gear icon in the top right corner, which is Settings , then click View all settings , which will take you to Labels.
- click on labels and then scroll down until you reach the subsection of labels.
- To create a new label, select the tab Create new label . A pop-up will appear.
- To name the folder, type a name for the label. You can create a subfolder by ticking the Nest label below and naming it.
- The label is ready. Refresh the page and you will see it in the left panel of your inbox.
- To use the newly created folder, drag and drop the emails you want in the folder from your inbox. You can also create a folder and put emails in it as soon as they arrive in your inbox.
- You can color your label by clicking on the icon three points under the tab Label .
- To set the desired color, click on the preferred color or click Add color customized to customize the desired color.