Negative Google reviews can hurt your business. While it's not always possible to remove a review, there are a few things you can try.
Note that not all negative reviews are removable - they must violate Google's review policies to be eligible.
As the business owner, you are not authorized to delete your customer reviews. If you have to do this, you need to ask Google to delete them for you.
To report a review for removal, you can report it via Google Maps or directly via your Google My Business page.
What kind of reviews you can report for removal
Here are some violations that can qualify negative reviews for removal. So, if they fall into one or more of these categories, you can flag them for removal:
- A review irrelevant to your business.
- Reviews that deliberately downgrade your business by promoting others.
- Those who promote your business while demeaning others.
- Content containing advertisements, links, emails or other promotions that direct potential customers to other activities.
- Reviews containing derogatory, sexually offensive or explicit content or other content that may promote violence.
- Vague or misleading reviews.
For more information you can visit the page about.
How to report bad Google reviews
Tramite Google Maps
To see the reviews customers have left for your business, log into your Gmail account. So, go on.
Next, use the search bar in the top left corner of Google Maps to search and locate your business. You can simply search for the name you registered with when you created your account Google My Business.
Once you've located your business on Google Maps, use the following steps to check and report negative reviews:
- Click on your business on Google Maps.
- Look in the left corner of the web app and scroll down to see customer reviews.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the review you want to delete and select Report as inappropriate.
- Then, select a reason to report the review.
- Click Report and wait for Google to take the necessary actions or email you for further clarification.
Da Google My Business
You can report inappropriate reviews to Google by accessing your page through your web browser.
- In the options bar to the left of the web app, click the option Opinions.
- Then, locate the review you want to remove from the list.
- Click on the three vertical dots to the right of the review and select Report as inappropriate.
- Select a reason to flag the review and click Report.
Removing flagged reviews can take days. Also, don't report a review twice after you've already made a request.
Sometimes, even if these negative reviews violate Google's review policies, it may take some time for Google to remove them. In the meantime, there are still other ways to try and get the reviews removed by the author.