How to delete cookies on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. Third-party cookies can follow you on the web and log your actions, but cookies can also be used for authentication, website personalization and automatic form filling.
If you delete them, you will lose all stored information and have to enter it again.
However if you want to clear your browser cookies, here's how to clear the cookies on four popular browsers.
How to delete cookies on Google Chrome
If you are using Google Chrome, use these instructions to clear cookies:
- Open Chrome and click on the menu Other in the upper right corner.
- Go to Settings> Advanced> Clear Browsing Data .
- Click the box next to Cookies and other site data .
- Select Clear data .
How to delete cookies on Mozilla Firefox
If you are a Firefox user, you need to follow these instructions instead:
- Open Firefox and click the button Menu (three horizontal lines).
- From the menu, select options .
- Select Privacy and security in the menu on the left.
- Click on the link Manage data .
- Select Remove everything shown .
How to delete cookies on Microsoft Edge
Edge is still relatively new to the world of browsers, but it is becoming more and more popular with Windows users. Here's how to clear cookies on Edge:
- Open Edge and click the button Other .
- Go to Settings> Clear browsing data> Choose what to clear .
- Check the box next to Saved cookies and website data .
- click on Clear .
How to delete cookies on Apple Safari
Finally, let's see how to delete cookies on Safari.
- Go to Safari> Preferences .
- Click on Privacy .
- Select Manage website data .
- Click on Remove everything .