If you've uploaded photos to your Google account in the past, you may be wondering how to download all photos from Google later. Google users can upload photos, videos and other media to Google using desktop and mobile applications. The system is very convenient, especially on mobile devices with Android, as it can be automated so that all media files captured on a device are uploaded to the cloud.
Options are provided to delete uploaded images to free up space on the local device. While the race for unlimited free storage is over, it remains a convenient backup service for media files, especially on Android.
You may have several reasons for wanting to download your media files from Google. Maybe you want to move the cloud backup to another backup service, restore a copy to your devices so you can access the photos or videos locally, or you want to close your Google account and make sure you've downloaded everything important first to do it.
How to download all photos from Google
The process of downloading your media files from Google is quick and easy, provided you know where to start.
- Open and log into your account. You can do this on your mobile or desktop.
- Once you've done that, select the cogwheel icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the settings. If you prefer, you can also directly upload https://photos.google.com/settings.
- Scroll down until you find the “Export your data” option. Click the arrow next to it to expand the section; a single option for “Back up an archive of your data” ”should be listed there.
- Activate the backup link to start the process. Google Photos opens Google's Takeout, Google's data export tool.
- Google Photos is automatically selected, which makes things easier. You can also open the Google Takeout page directly, but you should find and select Google Photos using the interface.
- Select "next step" to continue.
In the next step, you can specify the delivery method, frequency, and preferences for the file.
- Delivery method : Default sends the download link to your email account. Other options include adding the export to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Box cloud services.
- Frequency: create a single export, or export the data every 2 months for a year.
- Type and size of the file : the archive's default file type is zip and files larger than 2 Gigabytes will be split automatically.
Once you select your preferences.
- Select Create export once you are happy with the settings on the configuration page. The export starts once the "create export" button is activated.
- Google reveals that backups could take hours or even days to complete. Processing time depends on the number of photos and videos that are stored using Google Photos. At this point you can close the tab. If you have selected the email notification option, you will receive an email that includes a download link.
- You can use the links provided to download the photos to your system.
Download links are valid for one week before expiration. All that is left to do is to extract the archives after downloading them to the local system.