Google offers a large archive of ebooks through Google Books. There is the Google Books search engine and the Google Play Books store. Both services allow you to save copies of books so you can read them offline. So here's how to download books from Google Books.
Google Books search engine
The has been around since 2004. It lets you search more than 30 million titles, all of which Google has scanned and converted to text using OCR. Several magazines are also included.
When you click on a search result, you'll see the scanned pages, information about the book (such as author, publication date), and links to purchase the title in ebook or print format.
You can also add your own review and save the book to your library.
Each title on Google Books is assigned one of four levels of access. I'm:
- No preview : If Google hasn't digitized the book yet, you won't be able to see its text. However, you will still have access to its metadata and ISBN.
- snippet - If Google does not have the necessary copyright permissions, you will be able to view up to three snippets of text. Snippets show a few sentences on both sides of a specific query. Snippets for reference books such as encyclopedias and dictionaries are not displayed.
- Preview : Most books on Google Books fall into the Preview category. They are available for books that are still in print and for which Google has given permission from the copyright owner. If a book is in the Preview category, you will be able to browse a variable number of pages. All pages are watermarked and cannot be downloaded, saved or copied.
- Full view : Google assigns the Full View category to books that are no longer in print and that are in the public domain. Some books in print are also included. This is the only category from which you can download books from Google Books.
How to download books from Google Books
So how do you download the books from Google Books that are in the Full View category?
Unless you know which out of print title you want, we recommend using the. It allows you to enter several specific parameters, one of which is the category of the book. Of course, you have to choose Full view only.
From the list of results, click on the title of the book you are looking for. The book information page will load. You can find the download link in the upper left corner. It is labeled EBOOK - FREE.
When you click on the link, you will receive an additional request to confirm your decision. Select Read and the book will be available in the My Books section of the Google Play Store. To download it, click on the three dots in the list and select Download PDF or Download EPUB (depending on availability).
Google Play Books
Google Play Books is Google's ebook store. It is the second largest ebook store on the web after Amazon. It offers more than six million titles for purchase. You can also use the platform to buy audiobooks and rent textbooks.
How to download books from Google Play Books
Google Play Books allows you to download any book you own so you can read it offline. The options available to you vary depending on whether you purchased the book or whether it was free.
If you have free ebooks in your library (or because you saved them from Google Books using the previous method or took advantage of a free ebook offer in the store itself), you can download a PDF or EPUB version of the file. You can then copy, play and share the file as you wish.
For paid books, however, you can only download one copy to your device for reading when you're offline. You will not be able to access the PDF or EPUB file.
To download books, you'll need the Google Play Books smartphone app (for mobile devices) or the Chrome browser and the Play Books extension from the Chrome Web Store (for desktop).
Scarica Google Play Libri on Android or iOS
To download a book to your mobile device, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the free Google Play Books app from the appropriate app store.
- Make sure your device has an internet connection.
- Tap the Library tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the book you want to save for offline reading.
- The download process will begin automatically. When finished, you will see a check mark appear on the book thumbnail.
Download : Google Play Books for |
Download Google Play Books on Windows and Mac
If you'd rather download a book to your desktop computer, use these instructions:
- Download Google Chrome for your favorite operating system.
- Download the Google Play Books web app for Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome and go to the Google Play Books app.
- Find the book you want to download for offline reading.
- Hover over the book thumbnail and click Make Available Offline.
- If you want to remove the book in the future, just deselect the same checkbox.