Stuck with installation error 0x8007012a? Don't worry. Here's how to fix it.
The Windows operating system is no stranger to errors. If you're a longtime Windows user, you probably already know what we're talking about. The blue screen of deaths, disk errors, system file errors and similar errors are rampant in the Windows environment.
Another one of those crippling errors, which bogs down normal Windows operations, is the infamous 0x8007012a install error. A rather peculiar bug, installation error 0x8007012a, is what prevents your PC from downloading and installing new updates. Here, we have established some basic ways to get rid of installation error 0x8007012a in Windows.
Reboot the PC
Some problems can be solved without going into too much complexity. In fact, you'd be surprised how restarting a device, be it a smartphone, a computer, or even a device like a tablet, can save you from all kinds of problems.
So, as a general rule, it's a good idea to try rebooting before diving into more obscure solutions; unless the reboot itself occurs.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Windows Update Troubleshooter, as its name suggests, is a troubleshooter that fixes any errors you might encounter when downloading and installing a Windows update. It is a built-in tool from Microsoft, available for free. It is, in fact, the number one solution to fix the Windows update errors that we also covered earlier.
To fix installation error 0x8007012a, here's how you can use the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Go to the search bar of the Start menu , type “settings” and select the best match.
- In the menu Settings i went his System> Troubleshooting> Other troubleshooting tools .
- From there, run the Windows Update.
As soon as you do that, a new dialog will open, running all the checks and scans for problems with the Windows update. Restart your PC when the troubleshooting is complete.
The installation error 0x8007012a should ideally be resolved at this point. To check if it worked, go to Windows Settings again and from there, select Windows Update> Check for updates . If everything went smoothly, you shouldn't have any problems installing updates now.
Check the Background Intelligent Transfer services
Background Intelligent Transfer Service, or BITS for short, is a Windows tool that allows you to download or transfer files between computers over the Internet. So, if this component of your PC is turned off, of course, there will be problems downloading new updates. To make sure this isn't the case, follow these steps:
- Go to the search bar of the Start menu , type "run" and select the best match. Alternatively, press Win + R .
- In the Run dialog box, type “services.msc” and press Submit . The Management Console will start.
- Look for and locate the background intelligent transfer service . Then double click on it.
- In the new dialog, set it status of services su starts if it isn't already.
- Then locate Windows Update and also sets it status of services su Home
Now restart your PC to check if any changes have been made and if the installation error 0x8007012a is fixed or not.
Download your updates manually
Other times, random problems may prevent you from downloading the necessary Windows updates. Aside from the methods we have discussed so far, another solution to get around the installation error 0x8007012a would be to download the updates manually.
However, this isn't exactly a fix for installation error 0x8007012a, but it still helps to fix the fundamental problem. That's how:
- Launch Windows Settings ( Win + I ).
- click on Windows Update .
- Then click Update history .
- Note the number of KB of updates that could not be installed.
- Now go to the, paste the number KB in the search box and click Search .
The catalog will give you the relevant update. Now click on Download and the process will begin. Now all that's left to do is install them manually.
Run the SFC scan
SFC Scan, short for System File Checker, is a command line utility built into the Windows operating system that helps you to fix corruption issues in your PC.
If it is possible that your computer's system files have been corrupted, installation error 0x8007012a may be a natural result. In such cases, the SFC scan might help you to fix the system corruption and thus fix the error in Windows.
Here's how to perform the SFC scan:
- Go to the search bar of the Start menu , type "cmd" and run command prompt as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type sfc / scannow I awarded Submit
Your PC will be scanned thoroughly for any problems. If any errors occur during the scan, they will be fixed by the end and possibly also fix the installation error 0x8007012a in its wake.
Reset to factory settings
A factory reset, depending on which option you choose to use, completely clears all windows (including all staff files and folders) or simply deletes system files. In both cases, however, a new Windows is installed later. Depending on what is convenient for you right now, you can choose both options.
- Go to the search bar of the Start menu , type “factory reset” and select the best match.
- click on Reset PC .
- Now select Keep my files o Remove everything .
- So choose between Local reinstallation o Download su cloud .
- click on NEXT .
Follow the onscreen instructions and your PC will be restored in no time. Upon completion of the above process, your PC should be completely free from installation error 0x80070112a.