Whenever you create a Word document, you can see the page number and related information when you open it. But if there are a lot of word documents that you need to have a quick look at, then it is not easy to check them one by one. So here comes the Page Count feature available in Word that you can use to see the page count of many documents at once. Also, if you want to see more details like word count, you can enable them too! As? Read the post below.
See also: 12 free tools for recovering word documents
- Click on Show tab at the top of the window followed by the option Details.
You can see that the documents will now show the document name, type, modification date and size.
- Right click on the header bar at the top (the arrow pointing up). Some pop-up options. Click on More from the menu.
- A window appears. Many options are provided in the Details field. Scroll down to locate the pages. Click the boxes corresponding to Pages. Scroll a little longer and click Word count.
- Click ok.
- You can see that the Pages the column containing the information relating to the page numbers will be visible.
If there are files that do not have a page field such as graphic files, the page field will be blank for those files.
Now, the changes you made will only be visible in the current folder. If you want these changes to take effect in other folders, follow these steps:
- Click once again Show.
- Click on options. Select the option Change folder and search options.
- In the Folder Options window that appears, click Show.
- Click on Apply to folders.
- Click Yup to the dialog box that appears followed by ok in the Folder Options window.
I hope this post will save you time in case you need to get a rough idea of the total number of pages of some files so that you need to make an estimate of the total size or total number of pages requested.
Other available options include the Date of creation, Date of the last save, Date completed etc. You can enable them the same way by following the previous steps in Details option.
There are other options like Composers which can show the composer's name. Sort album, Sort album artist and there are also similar options that will be useful in music or song related files. So take a look at the options and choose the ones that perfectly suit your file type. Hope it helps!