Outlook works perfectly with other email providers such as Yahoo, iCloud and Gmail. And if you're just getting started, here's how you can integrate Gmail into Outlook on the web and mobile devices.
How to integrate Gmail into Outlook
Outlook on the web
- Visit Outlook on the web and log in with your account credentials.
- You will notice a + icon next to the Outlook account.
- Click on it and Outlook will open a window to choose an email provider. Click on Gmail.
- Log in using your account credentials.
- After a successful connection, you will see the Gmail icon appear under Outlook in the left sidebar.
You can click on it and Outlook will take you to your Gmail inbox to check your emails. Focus inbox is here to manage your emails.
- Download the Microsoft Outlook app from the Mac App Store.
- Log in with your Outlook account and click Outlook from the menu bar.
- Open Preferences and go to Accounts.
- Click the + icon at the bottom and select New Account.
- Enter your email provider address and add a password and in a couple of minutes Outlook will sync emails from Gmail and show a separate account in the app.
From the same Account menu, you can rename Gmail as Work or Home or any other label. Another benefit of using Gmail over Outlook is OneNote integration. You can directly send important emails from Gmail to OneNote with just one click.
- Open the Outlook app on Windows.
- Click File at the top.
- From the Info menu, select Add Account.
- Add your Gmail email ID and password from the following menu.
- If you've enabled two-factor authentication for a Google account, Gmail may ask you to verify it with another code.
- Check for yourself and you will soon see Outlook importing emails from your Gmail account.
Unfortunately, there is no way to integrate Gmail emails into your Outlook account. However, Google offers a useful tool to integrate all incoming Outlook emails into your Gmail inbox and treat them like regular Gmail emails. It is also counted towards Google Drive storage.
All you can do, go to All Emails / All Mailboxes option and view all emails in one place.
On Android and iOS
Both Outlook iOS and Android have identical user interface. We will show you from the Outlook for iOS app.
- Open Outlook on iPhone.
- Tap the Home button at the top and go to Settings.
- Select Add Email Account and log in using your Gmail ID / password.