How to mention (@) other users in the new Gmail. In 2018, Google finally launched its redesigned Gmail app. In addition to the greatly improved screen graphics, the redesign also introduced several new features to the email service.
Now is the time to look at how to mention (@) other users. You're probably already familiar with the idea of using the @ symbol to mention someone - it's a feature available in many other services, including Twitter, WhatsApp, and Telegram. Now here's how to use it in Gmail.
How to mention (@) other users in Gmail
First, you need to make sure you've upgraded to the new version of Gmail. If you are still using the old interface, the mention function will not be available. To upgrade to the latest version, go to:
- On your computer, go to.
- At the top right, click Settings (gear symbol at top right)>Try the new Gmail .
- If you change your mind, you can click on Settings (gear symbol at the top right)> Go back to the classic Gmail .
Ready? Now follow the step-by-step instructions below to enable the mention feature in Gmail:
- Open the Gmail app in a browser.
- Start composing a new email.
- While writing your message, type @ followed by the first few letters of a person's name.
- A list of anyone who matches your search query will appear.
- Select the name of the person you want to mention.
- Their email address will be added to the recipient list and the person will join the email thread.
And remember, to remove someone from a thread after mentioning them, you will need to remove them from the CC field of the address box, otherwise the person will be permanently aware of all future correspondence.