Google Classroom is a free web service developed by Google for schools and universities, in order to manage distance teaching and simplify the creation and distribution of teaching materials, the assignment and assessment of online assignments.
The main purpose of Google Classroom is to simplify the learning process of students by sharing content between teachers and students.
In addition to PC it is available for Android or iPhone / iPad devices.
These are its main tasks:
- Functionality - For the creation and distribution of tasks, Documents, Sheets and
- Presentations for writing,
- Assignments - Assignments are stored and classified,
- Grading - Google Classroom supports several grading schemes.
- Communication - Announcements can be sent by teachers to the course stream, which can be commented on by students allowing for two-way communication between teacher and students. And iOS.
- Archiving - Of a Classroom course by allowing instructors to archive courses at the end of a quarter or year.
Classroom registration is activated through the school.
Sometimes it can happen that we forget the password to enter the service and we don't know how to recover it. In practice, we no longer have the access key provided by the school and we do not know how to reactivate it to access the lessons.
Do not worry, we will help you, together we will understand how to recover the Classroom password, restore the password of the Google account used and thus access the platform in question again.
Preliminary information to recover your Google Classroom password
Let's start by presenting the ways to restore the service access key.
Classroom can be used both with a personal Google account, to create and participate in training courses of various kinds, and with a Google Workspace for Education account with which teachers and students can use Classroom in the school environment.
In both cases, the password used to log in is the one associated with your personal Google account or the Google Workspace account provided by your school.
This means that to recover the Classroom password, it is necessary to activate the access key associated with your Google account again and, therefore, we will also have to use the new password to enter all the other services offered by Google, such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Meet and more.
The password of our personal Google account can be recovered completely independently, as regards, however, a school Google account, it is necessary to contact the administrator of the account, that is the person who has been instructed by the school to create a Google Workspace account and manage the various users.
How to recover your Classroom password
With a personal Google account
To recover your password and log back into the service with a personal Google account:
- connect to the Classroom,
- on the Choose an account screen, select our Google account.
If the Google Classroom password to reset is that of a Google account not associated with your device:
- choose the option Add another account,
- enter the email address in the appropriate field,
- click on the Next button.
- press on the item Forgot password? ,
- with the Gmail app (Android / iOS / iPadOS), start it,
- click the Yes button displayed on the screen, to verify your identity, or if an alternative email address for password recovery is associated with our Google account,
- press on the item Try another method,
- click on the Send button to receive an email containing a code to verify your identity.
After retrieving the code in question:
- enter it in the Enter code field,
- press the Next button,
- on the new screen, create a new password to use to log into your Google account.
If we have associated a phone number with our Google account:
- select the Try another method option again,
- click on one of the options available between Send SMS and Call, with which to receive the security code necessary to prove that you are the owner of this Google account.
In both cases, after receiving the code:
- enter it in the Enter code field,
- click on the Next button,
- create a new password to access all Google services,
- type it in the Create password and Confirm fields,
- press the Save password button to save the changes and restore the access key to our Google account.
To proceed from smartphone and tablet:
- launch the Classroom app for Android or iPhone / iPad devices,
- click on the Start button,
- on the Choose an account screen, select the Google account we are interested in.
Since the selected Google account is directly associated with our device, you can access Classroom without typing the password:
- Press on the photo, top right,
- tap the Manage your Google account button,
- select the Security tab,
- press on the Password item located in the Access to Google box,
- select the Forgot password? option.
If we want to recover the password of a Google account not associated with the device in use:
- launch the Classroom app,
- press the Start button,
- choose the option Add another account,
- add the email address associated with the account in question in the appropriate field,
- press on the options Next and Forgot password ?.
In both cases, to reset the Google account password:
- it is necessary to verify our identity with one of the available methods,
- create a new access key, with the same procedure used to recover the Classroom password from a computer.
Account Google Workspace for Education
Let's go now to examine Classroom with Google Workspace for Education account.
If we have forgot your Google Classroom password you have the option to create a new one. The procedure is the same as we did to reactivate the password of a personal Google account.
- therefore connect to the official website of Google Classroom, https://classroom.google.com/.
- select the Google account for which you want to recover the password,
- click on the Forgot password? option.
To recover the password of a Google account not associated with the browser in use:
- select the option Add another account,
- enter their email address in the Email address or telephone number field,
- click on the Next and Forgot password? buttons.
In case of an automatic login to Classroom:
- proceed from the service settings,
- click on the ☰ button, top left,
- select the Settings option from the menu that opens,
- locate the Account Settings item,
- choose the Manage option,
- in the newly opened page, select the Security option,
- find the section Access to Google,
- click on the Password item and press on the Forgot password? option.
From now on, the procedure is valid for any method used before to reset the password:
- follow the instructions shown on the screen to create a new access key.
If Google Workspace for Education has an alternate email address or verified phone number associated with it:
- specify the requested data,
- enter the verification code received via email or SMS in the appropriate field,
- on the Change password screen, create a new password by entering it in the Create password and Confirm fields,
- click on the Save password button,
- we have a new password.
The same operations can be done from smartphones and tablets using the Classroom app for or.
If, after selecting the Forgot password? Option, the message Ask a domain administrator for help appears, it means that the administrator has disabled the option to reset a new password on his own. It can also mean that our Google Workspace for Education account has neither an alternate email address nor a verified phone number associated with it.
The next step will therefore be to contact the domain administrator, who is none other than the person who manages the Google services on behalf of the school.
When the school activated Google Workspace for Education, it was the administrator who created the accounts for both the school's students and faculty.
Password reset must therefore be requested from this figure.
Should you be administrators of a school Google Workspace account? it was us, in this case, if we were asked to reset a user's password:
- connect to the Google Admin console via the web or launch the app for Android or iPhone / iPad devices,
- log in with our administrator account,
- click on the Users option,
- from the app, press the ☰ button and select the Users item.
Another possibility is to:
- write the name of the student or teacher who requested the password reset in the Search for users, groups or settings field,
- select the same user from the menu that appears.
- to do this from smartphones and tablets, press the magnifying glass icon at the top right,
- type the name of the user you are interested in in the appropriate field,
- in the newly opened page, locate the Security section,
- next to the item Recovery information, check if the user in question has associated with their account an alternative email address to which they can send the new password.
- press on the item Add a recovery email address,
- enter email address in the appropriate field,
- click on the Add button to save the changes.
- click the Reset password option visible in the left sidebar,
- on the new screen that appears, make sure that the toggle for the Automatically generate a password item is set to ON.
If you want the user in question to change the new password at the next login:
- move the toggle next to the option Request to change password at next login from OFF to ON,
- click on the Reset and Finish buttons to create a new password,
- automatically send it to the email address previously provided.
In the event that the student or teacher who requested us to reset their password, did not provide an alternative email address or, for privacy reasons, it was not associated with their account during creation. You can manually create a new passkey and communicate it in person to the user in question.
To do it:
- select the Reset password option,
- move the lever next to the option Automatically generate a password from ON to OFF,
- type the new access key in the Password field,
- make sure that the lever next to the item Request to change the password at next access is set to ON, so as to allow the user concerned to customize the password,
- click on the Reset button.
When you arrive at the Send new password via email screen:
- click on the Finish button to save the changes and complete the password reset.
If we have been asked to send the new password by email, without associating the email address with the Google Workspace account:
- select the option Send password via email,
- enter the email address that has been communicated to us in the appropriate field,
- click on the Send button.
There is also the possibility to allow students or teachers to reset the password on their own, independently, but after having associated an alternate email address or a verified phone number with their account. This can be done:
- by accessing the Security section of the Google Admin console,
- by selecting the Account Recovery option.