How to remove shortcut arrows from shortcut icons in Windows: - If you see a shortcut icon in Windows, you can find that little arrow that tells you the icon is a shortcut icon. Well, some of us don't have a problem with a little arrow getting in our way. But for others, it could create a problem. If you belong to that some others, I have good news for you. In this article, I have explained two very simple methods by which you can remove link arrows from link icons. Since the first method involves editing the registry editors, I suggest creating a system restore point before proceeding.
Method 1: editing the registry editor
- Launching Registry Editor window. You can do this by pressing WIN + R the keys together and when the run The dialog box opens, type regedit and press the Enter key.
- When the Registry Editor The window opens, go to the following path:
Make sure the path is correct as shown in the screenshot below. Now you need to scroll through the file Explorer key and search for a called entry Shell icons. If you can't find the same, right click on the file Explorer key, then up New and then away Key As shown below. Give the newly created key a name Shell icons.
- Now click on the file you just created Shell icons key. In the right window pane, right-click on an empty space, in the context menu that appears, click new and then in String value.
- Assign a name to the newly created one String value like 29.
- Then double click 29 and copy and paste the following value into the file Valuable data field. Click on ok when you have finished.
% windir% System32shell32.dll, -50
- That is. Restart the system or log out and log in again for the changes to take effect. If you want to go back to the shortcut arrows, just delete the file String value For the name 29 that you created.
Method 2: using the latest Windows tweaker
If you don't want to make any changes to the registry, you can always do it the easy way. For this, you need to download a third-party optimization utility. One of the best available is Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4. You can get it from here. It is very easy to use and requires no installation. You can download it and then run it as it is portable.
Once the Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4, double click on it to start it. Then click on the file Customization option from the left window pane and right window pane, under the tab Browser on file, click the button that says Remove the link arrows from the link icons. You can press the button To apply below for the changes to take over.
Hope you found the article useful. Feel free to leave feedback in case you are stuck with any of the steps. Come back for more as there is always something new waiting for you here.