Zoom has a plugin available for Outlook. Allows users to schedule a Zoom meeting from Outlook or start one right away. The plug-in is available for both the Outlook desktop app and the Outlook web app. If you are using the Outlook desktop app, you must use it with a Microsoft Exchange account. If you are using an IMAP account, you will need to use the Outlook web app.
Set up a Zoom meeting in Outlook - Desktop
To set up a Zoom meeting in Outlook from the desktop app, you need to install the Zoom plug-in.
- Visit the and click Download under Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
- If you have Outlook open, close it.
- Run the MSI file and install the Zoom plug-in.
- Open Outlook.
- Click New> Meeting.
- Select Schedule a meeting or Start instant meeting.
- The Desktop Zoom app will open.
- Once the meeting is set up, the details will be added to the Outlook message.
- Send the message.
Set up a Zoom meeting in Outlook - Web
If you are using the Outlook web interface, you will need to install Zoom from the Microsoft store.
- in your browser.
- Click Get It Now.
- Enter your account information and click Continue.
- Open Outlook Calendar.
- Click New Event> More Options.
- Click the Zoom icon.
- Click Add a Zoom meeting.
- Click Allow in the window that opens.
- Log in with your Zoom account.
- Set the date and time of the meeting and send the invitation.