Windows introduced a new weekly and monthly sorting feature in File Navigator with the Windows 1903 update. Now some Windows 10 users don't like this feature and want to revert to the new look with the old one. In this article, we will discuss how to disable this grouping feature in File Navigator.
Method-1 Group file with parameter 'None'
Group files with 'None' parameter will help you
1. Open the File Browser by pressing the window Windows key + E and go to the location where you want to make the changes.
[Note- We are going to use the ‘Downloads‘ folder as an example ]
2. In the folder, right-click a space and then click "Group by>"And then you choose"Nobody"option.
The files will not be sorted by week and month in a particular folder and the problem needs to be fixed on your computer. In case this solution didn't work for you, you can move on to the next one.
Method-2 Choose another grouping parameter except data-
You can choose to group folders by any parameter except date and the problem will be fixed on your computer.
1. You can open the File Browser by pressing the Windows key e me keys together.
2. Then go to the folder location.
[Note- We are going to use the ‘Downloads‘ folder to illustrate the process.]
3. Click on 'viewing"In the menu bar and then click"Group by“And then select any parameter except the options'Creation date' and 'Modified date'(For example, we chose the "Size"Parameter).
The files on your computer should be organized as you wish. Your problem should be solved.