How to update graphics card drivers on Windows 11. You can easily update your drivers using one of the three methods below.
How to update graphics card drivers on Windows 11
Update via the Windows Update section
Conventionally, your graphics card should get the latest and most relevant drivers when you update to the latest iterations of Windows 11. However, there is a possibility that the general Windows update cannot find the appropriate drivers for your model. PC.
In this case, all you need to do is update the drivers manually via the Windows Update section.
- Press Windows key + I to start Windows settings
- Navigate to and select Windows Update at the bottom of the list of options in the settings.
- In the window that appears below, select Advanced options under More options in the right pane
- Under Advanced Options, click Optional Updates, which is the first option
- In the next window, log in and click the Driver Updates drop-down button
- Select the target graphics drivers in the accompanying options
- Finally, click Download and Install to begin the update
You will receive a message confirming the success of the download. Make sure you restart your PC before attempting to launch the intended app or game.
Update via Device Manager
You can delve into device management for more robust options for updating graphics drivers. Use the following steps:
- Press the Windows key to open the taskbar
- Type Device Manager in the search box and click on the relevant result
- Once in the Device Manager window, go to click on Display Adapters to expand the options
- Right-click on the graphics card of your PC
- Select Update Driver from the options
PS: some PCs are equipped with two graphics hardware, classified into integrated and dedicated. Integrated graphics are built into the motherboard, while the dedicated hardware is self-contained and is usually the more powerful of the two.
You will find the two graphics options when you expand Video Cards as in the previous steps. Make sure you right-click on the one you need to run the intended app or game. After right-clicking the target graphics hardware, click Update Driver to begin the download.
Download the update from the PC manufacturer's website
A handy trick I usually use to download any driver is to extract the PC manufacturer's websites. While it is easier to download graphics card drivers using the previous two methods, you can use this option if you want to keep the files for future use.
To download the graphics card drivers, use the keywords “PC Model + Graphics Card + Driver” on Google.