Google Street View is a great tool for checking out places you've never seen before. Here's how to use it on both the web and mobile devices.
Google Street View is a Google Maps feature that allows you to explore the world from a mobile phone or computer. Offers real-life images of interesting places on Google Maps.
This article will help you learn how to use this feature on a computer or mobile device. Next time you are planning to travel, you can research your favorite tourist spot before actually visiting it. And of course, you can just virtually visit various cities and have fun!
How to use Google Street View on a web browser
If you are using a computer web browser, follow these steps to access:
- In the Google search bar, type an address or landmark.
- You will see a Google information panel with location details and photos of popular places.
- If the venue has Street View coverage, you'll see photos with the label See outside
- Click that photo to access Street View for that location on Google Maps.
You can also go directly to the Street View feed for some places in Google Maps. That's how:
- Open in a web browser.
- If the browser has access to your location, it will open a map near you.
- Now, click anywhere on the map
- If the place supports Street View, you will see a geolocation card at the bottom with the image of the location.
- Click on it to access Street View.
Alternatively, you can use Pegman, the Google avatar icon for Street View, to explore places in Street View. Here's what to do:
- In the lower right corner of Google Maps, click the icon Pegman.
- Drag Pegman on the area you want to detect.
- Now, drag it over blue dots, location markers, or blue lines to access Street View for that area.
After logging into the Google Street View map, navigation is fairly straightforward. You can try these steps:
- When in Street View, the cursor changes to a forward arrow.
- Move the arrow anywhere and click once with the left mouse button to get closer to a shop or landmark.
- Click the button left mouse button and drag across the screen for a 360 ° view.
- You can access the Google Maps history of a place by clicking on the icon of the clock in the upper left corner of Street View.
- Select anywhere on the timeline to see how the place has changed over the years.
- Above the timeline, you'll see a kebab menu. Click that for print the place. You can also select Share or embed image to share that place.
How to use Google Street View on Android
Accessing the Street View feature of Google Maps from any Android device is child's play. Simply try these steps on your Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- In the box Search here , type in an address, shop name or landmark.
- Tap the research glass in the lower right corner of the keypad.
- Alternatively, you can select any position by dropping a placeholder.
- To release a pin, long press anywhere on the map until a red marker appears.
- Tap the thumbnail on the left showing the Street View icon.
- Now touch the split screen arrows to enlarge the Street View window.
You may not find the Street View thumbnail after selecting some locations on Google Maps. However, these places sometimes contain 360 Street View photos. Shop owners, local Google Maps guides, and tourists can upload panoramic images for different places of interest.
So, if you don't see the Street View thumbnail right away, tap the address card and scroll down to search for photos with the Street View icon. If you find an image with a Street View label, you can tap it to see that place in 360 degrees.
You can also access the Street View system by selecting placeholders such as restaurants, schools, hotels, hospitals and so on. After making your selection, look for a Street View thumbnail or photos with its logo.
The Google Maps app also includes a Street View layer. Here's how you can use the layer:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- You will see a diamond icon under your Google account profile picture.
- This is the Google Maps level . Toccalo.
- In the Map details you will find the livello Street View . Tap the level.
- Now close the layer drawer.
- You will find Street View coverage along the blue lines and on the blue dots.
- Tap a blue dot or line to see the Street View thumbnail for that location.
- Tap the thumbnail to explore the place in Street View.
Street View based on Android comes with interactive controls. These are:
- Swipe left, right, up or down to change the view.
- Double tap in any direction to go up the road.
- You can pinch to zoom in and open to zoom out.
- Tap a pin to get more information.
How to use Google Street View on iPhone
The iPhone App Store also has the Google Maps app. Then, you can also explore your destination in Street View. Here are the steps you can try on your iPhone:
- Tap the icon dell’app Google Maps to run the app.
- Touch for a long time a point on the map until the pin appears.
- You can also find a place or landmark by typing its name in the search box.
- If Street View coverage is available for that spot, a Street View thumbnail will be displayed.
- Tap the thumbnail to enter Street View mode.
- You can tap the icon of the compass up to look around. Alternatively, you can swipe on the touchscreen in any direction.
- Double tap Street View in any direction to move forward.
- To zoom in, pinch to close and to zoom out, pinch to open.