Steps to run programs automatically and set reminders in Windows using Task Scheduler: - Think of a situation where your computer automatically runs a program or reminds you of some events. Yes, it would be a nice feature to have it on your PC. Windows has a feature called Agenda to do this job. If you are a Linux user, you need to type a few shell command lines for this to work. But in Windows, you can do it with just a few mouse clicks. I once surprised my best friend with an automated birthday wish by typing some Linux commands. If you are a Windows lover, you can use Agenda, which is very easy to handle. Agenda can do many chores. You can send emails at a predefined time, you can open apps automatically, and you can view reminders. Read on to learn how to use Agenda to schedule various tasks.
Read also: 17 free macro recording tools to perform repetitive tasks on your PC
- Start Task Scheduler by typing Agenda from the Start menu.
- Click on the Create Basic Task link on the right side of the Agenda window. A new easy-to-use wizard will open to create the required task. By clicking on Create activity, you can have advanced options.
- Give a Name yes Description For homework. Click on Next
- Select when you want the activity to start. You can configure the task to run daily, weekly, monthly, or just once. You also have other options to start the business. You can trigger the task when the system is powered on or when you log in or in response to an event ID in the Windows event log.
- If you have selected daily, weekly, monthly or once, you will be asked to specify the time.
- You can start a program or send an email or view a message. The last two options are deprecated in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
- If you want to run a program, click Surf and locate the .EXE file button on your PC. Selecting the desired program will automatically start the program at the specified time.
- Here I have selected Chrome. By clicking on Finish, you can create the activity.
- To get more options on the task you created, right-click on it. You have many options including Get Rid Of. Now select properties.
- From the open window you can customize your activity.
- You can also set a new trigger for the activity from within the Trigger option.
You have now learned how to use the Task Scheduler feature in Windows.