How to use Windows Defender offline to remove persistent infections: - When it comes to security, Microsoft has several tools to protect Windows from other malicious programs. Windows Defender is one of several security tools used by Windows. Windows includes Windows Defender as the default malware and spyware protection tool. There are various third party antivirus solutions on the market to prevent your PC from having malicious software. But Windows Defender does the job well. It protects you from almost all types of viruses. Unlike other third-party solutions, Windows Defender is lightweight and does not affect system performance. Even if you are more concerned about the security of your system, your system may still be affected by some persistent viruses. These viruses or malware integrate deeply with your system. Eliminating these infections is not as easy as eliminating other infections. With Windows Defender offline, you can eliminate these persistent infections. Read on to learn how to use Windows Defender offline to remove persistent infections from your system.
- Download Windows Defender offline application based on system architecture.
- After downloading, double-click the application to launch it. The next button in the window.
- We are creating a bootable Windows Defender USB drive. Then insert a USB drive and click the radi0 button On a non-password protected USB flash drive. The flash drive must be 1GB or larger.
- Now the app will show you a warning message that will format your USB flash drive. Make sure you have copied all important files from the USB drive. Click on Next Continue.
- Now, after formatting, the system will automatically download the necessary files. And after downloading, it will create the bootable USB drive. The download process will take some time depending on the bandwidth.
- When finished, click Finish.
- Now shut down your PC and boot it from the USB drive. After booting from USB, you'll see a typical Windows Defender window. Also, your system will automatically scan for infections. Quick Scan Preset starts.
(As the system boots from USB, the screenshot cannot be captured. So I am attaching the photos).
- You will be notified if your system is infected. Click Show details to view the details of the infected files. You can click Clean PC to perform the necessary actions.
You have now learned how to remove persistent infections from your PC using Windows Defender offline.