When you try to update Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool (MCT) you may encounter an error message that says "Something happened Error code: 0xC1800103 - 0x90002And the update process will hang. In case you run into this problem eventually, don't worry, there are simple solutions to fix this problem. But before continuing, you should first try these workarounds to try some simpler solutions for your problem:
1. Restart the computer and try to update again.
2. Check if your computer is in the correct time zone and the correct time is displayed on the computer.
3. Many users reported that using VPN resulted in this error and when I got VPN disabled and tried again it worked.
If any of these solutions didn't help, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 empty software distribution folder
1. Close “cmd”In the Look for box next to the Windows icon.
2. Hence, the right mouse button over it "Symbol of the system"In the search result raised and choose"Run as administrator".
3. In the first step, you will have to stop some services. copy these commands and paste them in CMD and hit Pay in temporarily suspend these services.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
Minimize the Window system symbol.
4. Now open the file explorer.
5. Now go to the following location on your computer by pasting the path given below in File Explorer.
6. Now press Ctrl + A to select all folders and press "To delete“Key on the keyboard to empty the Software Distribution binder.
Near File Browser window.
In the last step, you have to start the processes that you stopped in the first step.
Now maximize the Window System Symbol.
7. Copy and paste these codes and press Enter to execute them in CMD.
This will restore the interrupted services.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Close Window system symbol.
8. Now open the file explorer.
9. Click Vista and then select the option Hidden files.
10. Go to C binder.
11. Delete two folders, ie.
$ WINDOWS. ~ BT
$ WINDOWS. ~ WS
12 Restart your computer. After restarting, try to update your computer.
Fix-2 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter-
Windows Update Troubleshooter will detect any problems with the update process and then try to fix the problem.
1. Close “Troubleshoot configuration issues“In the Windows 10 search box.
2. Then what you need to do is click on the button "Troubleshoot configuration issues".
3. Scroll down and click "Windows update"And then click"Run the troubleshooter".
Windows update The troubleshooter will now identify the problem with the Windows update process and fix it.
Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, try running the Media Creation Tool back on your computer.