We search a lot of things on the internet and most of the time we don't know our data usage trends. It would be of great help if we could monitor our internet usage, such as the amount of data we send and receive. This post presents two methods to monitor internet usage. The first method is to use an app from the Windows Store. The other is using Task Manager to see his internet usage.
See also: - How to save internet data usage in Windows 10
- Open the Cortana bar on your device. Gender Use of the network In that. Click the result as below screenshot shown. This will take you to the Windows Store.
- Click on Free to install the application on your device. Please wait while the application installs.
- Once the installation is complete, the application will open. You can see the address and internet usage in the last month. You can click the drop-down button in the upper left corner to edit the connection. Here you can click the button next to ITI and find the internet usage summary for another desired connection.
The blue field indicates the received MB and the yellow field shows the data sent.
You can also change the drive to GB. Because of this:
- Modify Ladder and MB in GB.
This application provides an overview of the use of the Internet.
If you want to know how much data the applications are running out individually instead of general statistics, you can use the task manager to get this.
- Right-click anywhere on the taskbar. Click on Task Manager from the options window that appears.
You can see the applications and corresponding data they use. You can sort apps based on your internet usage by sorting them by Network option.
Now an important thing to note here is that you can only see internet usage from major Windows applications. So how will you see how much data other apps like Google Chrome are using? You can make some changes in Settings and view the details of other applications. That is how:
- Click the Windows icon on the screen. Open settings.
- Click on Network and internet.
- Also, click Usage details.
- Now you can also see the data used by other applications!
You can detect the applications that drain the Internet the most and adjust their usage accordingly. Hope this post helps you to properly monitor your internet usage. Especially when you have a limited data usage plan and run out of it quickly.