Some Windows 10 users complain about a certain problem they are facing when they try to set up OneDrive Personal Safe on your computer. According to these users, they cannot configure the Personal Safe On A Guide on your computer as it displays an error code "error 0x80070490". If you find yourself in the same situation, don't worry. There are simple solutions to fix this problem on your computer. Simply follow these steps outlined in these fixes and the problem should be easily fixed.
1. If this problem is due to some temporary file on your computer, a simple one start again from your computer can fix the problem on your computer.
2. Check for Windows Updates pending or not.
Fix-1 Sign out and log into your OneDrive account-
Resetting the One Account Guide can fix this problem on your computer.
1. You can see the OneDrive icon in the system tray.
2. Now, the right mouse button OneDrive icon and then click "More". Then click on "Settings".
3. You have to go to "Invoice“tab.
4. Then you need to click on "Unplug this PC".
5. If you see a message saying: 'Disconnect the account on this PC?' Appeared on the screen, just click on “Unlink account".
The session will be closed A guide.
6. After logging out A billing guide, A guide The login window will automatically appear on your computer.
7. Then you have to enter your Email ID (which is linked to your Windows account) and then you have to click on “Record”To initialize the login process.
8. In the next window, simply type in your password and then click on “Record ”To complete the login process on your computer.
A guide will be ready for use.
Now try setting up Personal Safe back on your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-2 Reset OneDrive Account Using Command Prompt
Reboot An account guide using System Symbol you can solve the problem on your computer.
1. By pressing Tasto Windows + S You can access the search box next to the Windows icon. Here you have to write "cmd".
2. As soon as 'System symbol' appears in the search result, the right mouse button on it and then click "Run as administrator".
3. To restore A mind guide all you need to do is copy paste the command and then press Pay in.
% localappdata% MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe / reset
Wait a minute.
3. Again, copy this command from here and mix it on CMD and hit Enter to execute it.
%% Localappdata MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe
Please wait a while as this process may take some time.
When done, close the System Symbol window.
Try setting the Personal Safe To A guide back on your computer.
Solution 3: Disable Check apps and files in Windows security
1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run.
2. Now type Windows Defender: on it and click OK.
3. Now, in the menu on the left, click on App and browser control
4. In See the applications and files section Please select Worn out.
Solution 4: disable any third party antivirus you are using
If you are using a third party antivirus on your PC, try disabling the antivirus and try again. It is possible that the antivirus is the reason for this error.