Having trouble syncing A guide on Windows 10? If you are getting this error on your computer, don't worry. Just follow the fixes in this article and A Guide will work just as well as before. But before moving on to the main solutions, try these simpler ones and see if they help you.
1. If this is your first time experiencing this problem on your computer, start again your computer and check if it helps or not.
2. If the file size is very large, consider uploading it as a compressed file.
If any of these solutions didn't help, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Check the available storage space
The sync operation will stop if the available storage space is very low in A guide. To check the available memory of available A guide Follow these steps-
1. The right mouse button on him A guide icon (cloud symbol) in the right corner of the taskbar, and then click on "More…"In the top A window guide, then click"settings”Open a settings guide on your computer.
2 inch Microsoft OneDrive window, go to "accountAnd then check how much space is used versus how much space is available.
If you see A guide is too cluttered and there is less than 10% of available space, you need to remove a few things from your A guide account.
Fix-2 Restart the OneDrive app-
Closing and opening A guide you can solve this problem on your computer.
1. The right mouse button on him A guide icon (cloud symbol) in the right corner of the taskbar, and then click on "More…"In the top A window guide, then click"Close OneDrive“To close OneDrive.
2. If a message appears saying: 'Are you sure you want to close OneDrive?', Click on “Close OneDrive“Finally to close A guide.
3. Now click the Search box next to the windows icon and type “A guide", Then click"A guide“In the high search result to open A guide on your computer.
A guide The window will open and you will be logged in automatically.
Check if the sync works A guide or not.
Fix-3 Sign out and log into your OneDrive account-
Log out and A guide and then a new login may be enough.
1. In the beginning, you should the right mouse button on him A guide icon (cloud symbol) in the right corner of the taskbar, and then click on "More…"Above A window guide,
2. Now click on "settings”Open a settings guide on your computer.
3 inch Microsoft OneDrive window, go to "account"Card" and then click "Unplug this PC".
4. If you see a message saying: 'Do you want to disconnect your account on this PC?', Just click on “Unlink account".
5. The session will be closed. A guide.
6. After logging out An account guide, A guide The login window will automatically appear on your computer.
7. Enter your Email ID (which is linked to your Windows account) and then click "Record”To initialize the login process.
8. In the next window, simply type in your password and then click on “Record “To complete the recording process on your computer.
A guide will be ready for use.
Now try uploading some files to One more guide. Check if the sync is working or not.
Fix-4 Reset OneDrive Account Using Command Prompt
Resetting the A Guide account using the System Symbol will fix the problem on your computer.
1. You have to open the 'Run' window. To do this, you need to press'Tasto Windows + R'.
2. Then type "cmd"In the Run window and then click 'all right'.
3 inch Window system symbol, copy paste this command and press Pay in.
% localappdata% MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe / reset
Wait a minute.
3. Likewise, copy paste this in the CMD terminal and then press'Pay in'.
%% Localappdata MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe
Please wait a while as this process may take some time.
When done, close the System Symbol window.
Open A guide on your computer. Sign up for a guide using your account.
A guide will sync your data without further hassle. Your problem will be solved.