Disable the screen lock feature in Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8: - It might be a little annoying if you always have to do a few more clicks to switch the Lock Screen windows. Windows Lock Screen In fact, it's a cool feature that gives you a warm welcome when trying to wake your system from nap. But you may not want to be forced. You may want to have maximum control over your system in deciding what functions to provide it. So it's quite normal if you want to disable the File Lock Screen feature and save time. Sometimes, Lock Screen prompts you to enter your login password, which again takes a long time. But it adds extra security, just to remind you of the benefits you get. If you keep thinking you don't want the Lock Screen file to bother you again and can't find an easy method to turn it off in Windows, you've come to the right place. Dive into the article to find out how to disable the Lock Screen feature in Windows 10 by making a couple of registry changes.
- You need to open the Windows Registry Editor Primo file. For that, run you can use the dialog. To open the file run dialog box, press WIN + R keys together. When the run command window opens, type regedit and hit ok button.
- Now a new window called Registry Editor opens. It is therefore necessary to move on to the next route.
Once you are there, make sure you are on the right track by checking the path at the bottom of the window.
- Now you need to create a new key. For that, right click on windows, then click on New then click on Key as shown in the screenshot below.
- Name the newly created key Custom.
- Now in the right window pane, do a right click, then click New Option and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the newly created DWORD value NoLockScreen. If you have any questions, please refer to the screenshot provided.
- Double-click the NoLockScreen key. By default, it will have the Value data extension as 0. Edit the Field Value data file and set it to 1. Once you have everything set up, hit the ok button.
Finally, restart your PC for the changes to take effect. If you want to get your old friend back, you can simply delete the NoLockScreen key file you created. It's so simple that you can get rid of the feature lock screen windows as a whole. Try the trick today. I hope you enjoyed reading the article.