Good news for Windows 10 users. Now you can view recent files in Windows 10 just by opening it. It also provides a list of frequently used folders. After Windows 7, this useful feature was missing in Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10. But now, after the creator update, Microsoft has listened to the feedback and included this feature on the quick access page. You can access this page by clicking Quick Access at the top right as shown below.
Since File Explorer opens Quick Access by default, you can also access this page by clicking File Explorer. You can open File Explorer with one of the given methods: -
- By clicking Windows key + e on the keyboard
- Pressing Windows key + x clicking on your Browser on file
- Research Browser on file in the Windows 10 taskbar search
- By clicking on the folder icon on the Windows 10 taskbar
- print key Windows + r and run the Run command box and type explorer In that.
If File Explorer doesn't open Quick Access, just change it to Quick Access by following the steps below.
Step 1: Go to What PC -> View -> Choices -> Change folder and search options
Step 2: Now, change Open File Explorer in -> Quick access.
Now every time you click on File Explorer you will go directly to the quick access page and you can see the recent files.