Repaired! Error opening Windows 10 Photos app: - One of the most frustrating things that can happen to you while using Windows 10 is the Photos file the application does not open error. Photos is the default photo viewer app in Windows 10 and the classic Windows Photo Viewer app is disabled by default. So you will be literally frustrated if you can't find a solution. There are a number of troubleshooting techniques that you can rely on to fix this Photos application fixed. Read on to learn how to tune into your Photos app once again with just a few steps.
Read also: How to crop videos using Windows 10 Photos app
Solution 1: via Powershell
- Start typing Shell Power in Cortana's search box. Cortana will show you the search results.
- Now from the search results that appear, right click on Windows Powershell and then click Run as administrator.
- Performing the previous step will result in the listing of some errors. Once all is done, try to launch the Photos file again in the application. Your problem could be solved.
Solution 2: reinstall the Photos app
- You need to find Photos app from this long list of packages. If you have all the time in the world, keep scrolling. Otherwise, right click on the title bar of the Shell Power window and then click on Edit option and then on Meet as shown in the screenshot.
- When the window stops Meet open, write photos and click Find Next. This will help you locate the entry for Photos app. Copy the packageFullName file as shown in the screenshot.
- Now you can delete the selected package, in this case Application Photographs, simply by writing the following code in your Shell Power file.
obviously, PackageFullName will be replaced by the copied package name.
Solution 3: Activate the Windows Photo Viewer application
If you reinstall the Photos file The application also does not solve the problem, you can activate the classic Windows Photo Viewer and set it as the default photo viewer app. You can do this in just a few steps by simply spending some time on Google.
Solution 4 - Reset Windows
If you Photos The app was working fine a couple of days ago, you can try resetting Windows to that point to see if it works. Find out how to create a restore point from here.
Solution 5: third party software
If none of the above-mentioned methods work, get a third-party app to view your photos. There are many third-party software available that can perform Windows features. Photos app. Some of them are IrfanView, XnView, and Windows Live Photo Gallery.
These are the best ways to fix Photographs The application does not open error in Windows 10. Hope you found this article helpful.