Repaired! Windows update crashed with 0% error in Windows: - One of the most frequent errors faced by Windows users is the Windows Update file stuck at 0% error. The error message would be similar to the following screenshot.
This can be quite annoying as the insect refuses to lead a normal happy life. There is no other way to deal with the mistakes of the heart than to be a little hard on ourselves. Read on to find out how to fix Windows update stuck at 0% error in Windows 7/8/10 with a few simple steps.
Read also: Fix: Windows 10 crash in update settings
Fix Windows Update Stuck Issue in Windows 7/8
- You have to open the File Run dialog box first. You can search for it and then start it or you can directly start the file Run dialog by pressing the WIN + R keys simultaneously. Once the file Run dialog opens, just type services.msc and hit Pay or press OK button.
- Now the window stops Services opens. Scroll down and find the entry called Windows Update. You have to stop this service. For that, right click on Windows Update and then click on Stop option as shown in the screenshot.
- You can see multiple files / folders in the Software Distribution file. These are the updates that are downloaded, but not installed. These files / folders can lead to Windows Update stuck at 0% error. Therefore, delete all these files to fix the problem. If the files cannot be removed, restart the system and try again.
- Open the Services again using the Run dialog box as before. Find the Windows Update service at Start by right clicking on it. Or use the alternative option of clicking Start the service as shown in the screenshot. This should allow updates to be downloaded and run.
Fix Windows Update Stuck Issue in Windows 10
- Now if you go to Settings-> Updates and Security-> Windows Update, you will be able to fix the error.
SIP is everything. Next time you get stuck in the Pasted error file, feel free to try our trick instead of rushing to a service center. Hope you found the article useful.