Can't open a downloaded Excel spreadsheet on your computer? If you have tried but the Excel file won't open on your computer then follow these simple solutions to unlock and edit MS Excel Options file and you will be able to access Excel files in no time.
Fix-1 Unlock File-
You can unlock the Excel file from the document properties:
1. The right mouse button in the problematic excel file.
2. Now click on "Property".
3. At first, you have to go to the "generalEyelash ".
4. Now, check the option "Chiaro".
5. Then click on "To apply"And then click"ok". The changes will be saved.
Now try to open the Excel file on your computer again.
Choose the other solution if it doesn't work.
Fix-2 Disable Protected View Settings in Excel-
Disable Protected View Settings to Stand Out Options will solve this problem for your computer.
1. Click in the search box and then type "standing out".
2. Again, click "Stand out“In the high search results to open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
3. When the Distinguish file window opens, click "archive“In the menu bar.
4. Then scroll down on the left side of the menu and click "Choices".
5. In the Excel Options window click "Trust Center“To access the Trust Center Settings.
6. Now click on "Trust Center Settings ...“To change it.
7. Next, on the left side, click on "Protected view".
9. Hence, deselect the option "Enable Protected View for files from the Internet".
10. Then click on "ok".
11. Back in the Excel Options window, click on "ok“To save the changes.
Now close the Distinguish window.
Try opening the document you were having trouble with. It will open without further problems.
Your problem will be solved.
'Protected View' acts as a guard that protects your computer from malware or viruses that sometimes enter your computer with downloaded documents (e-mail attachments). Therefore, it is recommended that you turn off Protected View only once. Once you can access the document, don't forget to re-enable Protected View settings.
In case you want to re-enable 'Protected View' installation follow these steps-
1. Open the File Distinguish window.
2. In the Distinguish window, click "archive"And then click"Choices".
3. Then click on "Trust Center".
4. Next, you need to click on "Trust Center Settings ...“To change it.
5. Again, click "Protected view".
7. Hence, check the option "Enable Protected View for files from the Internet".
8. Finally, click on "ok“To save the changes.
Protected View is re-enabled on your computer.