Some Windows 10 users complain of an Explorer crashing problem when starting their system. In case you are witnessing the same error (blank error message in Explorer.exe) it is happening due to a permission problem on your computer. To solve this problem you need to delete a particular key from Registry Editor. Simply follow these fixes and the problem will be solved quickly.
Before proceeding with the main fix, you need to make a backup of the registry on your computer. After opening the Registry Editor file, click on "Fillet">"Export“To create the backup.
If something goes wrong, you can recover the log by simply importing the backup.
Fix 1 - Delete a key in Registry Editor-
1. Click Search Box next to the Windows icon and type “regedit"And then click"Registry Editor“To open the Registry Editor window.
2. Now you need to expand the left side like this-
On the right side of the window, try to find the file "Load ”String value.
4. If you can find the key, right click over it "Load"And then click"Delete“To delete the key from your computer.
In case you cannot delete 'Load' string value from your computer, please follow these steps-
6. Right click over it "windows"On the right side, then click"Permissions".
7. In the Windows Permissions window, click "Inserisci".
8. In the Select User or Group window, click "Advanced“To add the username.
9. In the next window, you need to click on "Find now".
10. Now, from the 'Search Results' find yours usernamee and select it.
11. Click on 'ok“To save him.
12. Back in the Select User or Group window, click "ok“To complete the change.
13. Back in the Windows Permissions window, click on “Advanced".
14. In the Advanced Security Settings for Windows window, you need to click on “Inserisci”Option.
15. Then click on “Choose a principle“To add your username and give it full control of key windows.
16. In the Select User or Group window, click "Advanced“To add the username.
17. Just like before, you need to click on "Find now".
18. In the 'Search Results' panel, scroll down and find yours username and select it.
19. Click on 'ok“To save him.
20. In the Select User or Group window, click "ok“To select the username.
21. Going back to Windows Permissions Entry window, check the option of "Full control".
22. Then click on “ok“To save the changes.
23. You have to click on "To apply"And then on"ok“To save the changes on your computer.
23. Likewise, again you need to click on "To apply"And then on"ok“To complete the process.
24. In the Registry Editor window, right click on the "Load"Again, then click"Delete“To delete the key from your computer.
25. If you are asked to confirm the deletion of the key, click on "Yup".
This time you will be able to delete the key from your computer.
Close Registry Editor window.
After closing it, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After restarting, the problem will be solved.
Fix 2: Download and Run a Script from Microsoft.com
1. Download this script which comes from the official website of microsoft.com.
2. Extract it to your PC.
3. Navigate to the extracted folder and find the file FixBlankExplorerMessage
4. Now, right-click on this file and choose Run with PowerShell.
5. After some time, a message will appear in the PowerShell window fix the blank explorer.exe message successfully.
That's all . Your problem will be solved.