You may face Error Code: 0x8024402F while updating Windows 10. This error usually occurs when there is a corrupted update file in the system. Without addressing the issue, Windows Update will not work normally on your computer.
To fix the problem, follow these solutions on your computer:
Fix-1 Delete software distribution folder in safe mode-
Deleting the SoftwareDistribuiton folder in Safe Mode will fix this problem.
1. At first, simply open Settings on your Windows 10 device.
2. Access the "Update and security".
3. Just click on "Recovery".
4. Then in "Advanced startup"Click on"Restart now".
5. To view the available troubleshooting settings, click "Solve problems".
6. Next to that, you need to click on "Advanced options".
7. Access the "Startup Settings".
8. What you need to do next is click on "Restart".
9. On this screen, you can see many available boot options options.
10. Press "4".
You will know that your computer has started Safe mode, the desktop background will appear completely black.
11. Press Tasto Windows + R.
12. To open the downloads folder, copy and paste this address and click on "ok".
13. Clear everything in the download binder.
Restart the computer returns to normal mode. Try updating your Windows. It will work fine.
Fix-2 Rename the CMD software distribution folder-
Renaming the Software Distribution folder on your computer will solve this problem for sure. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Click the Check box next to the Windows icon, then type “cmd".
2. Then press and hold "Ctrl + Shift + Enter'to access the CMD window with administrator privileges.
System symbol with administrative rights will open.
3. This is a three step solution. First, copy paste these commands one by one in the CMD window and press Log in afterwards. Don't forget to do each of them.
net stop wuauserv net stop bits net stop cryptSvc net stop msiserver
4. Run these commands to change the name of the existing one. Distribution of the binder software. Whenever the Windows update process starts on your computer, it will use a fresh and new software distribution folder.
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
5. In the last step, you need to unlock all those hunched services. To do this, run these codes to start those services.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Terminate the CMD terminal.
Restart your computer and the problem will be solved.