Do you have a problem with your computer's printer? Are you showing an 'Error Code 1260' every time you try to print something? If you are really facing the problem on your computer, don't worry. You can solve this problem by simply following a few quick and easy steps. But before proceeding to the main solutions, check out these solutions.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Disable or uninstall any antivirus from your computer.
Fix-1 Disable Windows Firewall-
Disabling the firewall on your computer can solve this problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I Open settings.
2. In the settings window, click "Update and security".
3. In the settings window, on the left side, click on “Windows security".
4. On the right, click "Network and firewall protection".
Windows Security window will open.
5. In the Network Protection and Firewall window, click the network type next to which you will see “(active)"
6. Now scroll down the settings window.
7. Then alternate Microsoft Defender Firewall for 'off'.
Close window settings.
Now try to print something and see if it works.
Windows Firewall provides a security barrier that protects you from different types of viruses, malware intrusions. Disabling it can make your PC vulnerable to such threats. Therefore, we recommend that you do not keep the firewall disabled for an extended period.
Fix-2 Run Printer Diagnostics-
Printer Diagnostics can detect the printing problem on your computer.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R Open rushing window.
2. To run the Printer Diagnostics file, type or copy paste this run command and press Log in.
msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic
3. When the printer troubleshooting window appears, click "Advanced".
4. Make sure that "Automatically apply repairsThe option “is selected.
5. Now click on "The next".
The troubleshooter will identify if there are any problems with the print services.
6. Now click on "Apply this fix“To apply the correction.
7. Finally, click on "Close the troubleshooter“To complete the troubleshooting process.
Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, check if the problem persists.
Fix-3 Disable Print and Stitch Restrictions-
Sometimes Limitations Point and Print The policy can limit the connection of the print service to a random server.
1. Search for the "Edit Group Policy".
2. A simple click on the "Edit Group Policy“In the search results.
3. Then you have to go here-
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Printers
4. Now, in the right hand side file, double click in the "Limitations of stitches and prints".
5. In the Stitch and Print Limitations window, set the norm to "Disabled".
6. To save the settings, "To apply"And then in"ok".
When done, close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
Restart your device.
After restarting the computer, the printing device will work without problems.