Some Windows 10 users complain of a problem with the modem connection as they cannot connect to the Internet because the modem is not working properly. According to them, when they try to connect to the internet, they get an error message saying "Error 651: The modem (or other connecting devices) reported an error". If you find yourself in the same situation, don't worry. You can solve this problem by simply following a few simple solutions. But before moving on to the main solutions, first try these solutions for a simpler solution to your problem.
1. If this problem occurs for the first time on your computer, a new one start again from your computer can do the trick.
2. Check if the connection between the modem and the computer is loose.
3. Turn off the modem. Disconnect the connection from the socket. Disconnect the Internet cable from the modem. Please wait a while. Then connect the Internet cable to the modem. Plug the modem into the power outlet and connect the computer to the modem. Now turn on the modem. Now, check if you are still facing the error or not.
4. Check if your Windows 10 is up to date or not.
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Reset TCP / IP-
Resetting the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol can fix the problem on your computer.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and in the Run window type "cmd“Then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the System Symbol Window with administrative rights. Click on "Yup“To grant access to User Account Control.
2. Now, copy paste these commands one by one in the Window System Symbol, then press Pay in after each of the commands to execute them sequentially.
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat –r netsh int ip reset reset c:resetlog.txt netsh winsock reset
Wait a moment, as some of these commands may take some time to execute.
3. Copy paste these commands one by one in the Window system symbol and knock Pay in after each of the commands to execute them one by one.
ipconfig / release ipconfig / flushdns ipconfig / renew
4. Once all the commands have been executed, close the Window System Symbol.
Restart your computer. After rebooting, the modem problem should be resolved.
Fix-2 Disable and Enable Network Adapter-
Disabling and enabling the network card should solve your problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and then write "devmgmt.msc“And hit Pay in.
2 inch Device Administrator window, expand the "Network adapters"And later the right mouse button on the network card currently in use and then click "Disable device".
3. Click on 'Yup”To disable the adapter. After disabling the adapter, you will see a down arrow sign next to it. The adapter will be disabled.
4. Now in the Device Administrator window the right mouse button on the disabled adapter on your computer, then click "Enable device”To reactivate the network card on your computer.
Wait a moment while the device is enabled again.
Now try connecting to broadband. If you still have the same problem, try the next solution to update the network card.
Fix-3 Update the WiFi network driver
1. Press Tasto Windows + R open Run. Now type "devmgmt.msc“And hit Pay in. Device Management A The utility will open.
2. In the Device administrator window, look for "Network adapters“From the list, click on it to expand it. Now from the drop down menu select the driver you are using . The right mouse button on it and click "Update Driver".
3. You will be asked "How do you want to find the drivers?". Choose the option "Automatically searches for updated driver software".
Wait for Windows to find a compatible driver for the network controller, download and install it. To close Device administrator window. After, start again your computer.
After rebooting, check if you still have the problem with
Fix-4 Change Network Properties-
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and write "ncpa.cpl“And hit Pay in. Network Connections window will open.
2. Now, double click on him "Ethernet“Connection to open your Properties.
3 inch Ethernet Properties window, go to "Network“tab. Check the "Internet Protocol versione 4 (TCP / IPv4)"option. Deselect the "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)“In the same window. Finally click on "all right”To save the changes.
Close the Network Connections window.
Restart your computer. After rebooting, check if you can connect to broadband without further problems.
Fix-5 Solve Network Problems-
1. Digita “troubleshoot network problems"In the search box next to the Windows icon and then click"Troubleshoot network problems“In the search results window with elevated privileges.
2. Now on the left side of Window Settings, click on “Internet connections", And click"Run the troubleshooter".
3. Follow the on-screen instructions on the Windows Network Diagnostics window and it will automatically try to fix the problem. When the process is complete, click on "To close“To close the Windows Network Diagnostics window.
Now start again your computer. After rebooting, try to connect the broadband with the modem and check for errors.
Fix-6 Disable the automatic adjustment function
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the System Symbol Window with administrative rights. Click on "Yup“To grant access to User Account Control.
2. Now, you need to disable automatic tuning on your computer. To disable automatic tuning, copy paste these commands one by one and press Pay in after each of them to run on your computer.
netsh int ip reset reset.log netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
3. After executing these commands, close the System Symbol window. Restart computer to save the changes.
After rebooting, try to connect your computer to broadband and check if it is still "Error 651: The modem (or other connecting devices) reported an error“On your computer.
Fix- 7 Create a new broadband connection-
Creating a new broadband connection could solve your problem. To create a new broadband connection, carefully follow these steps:
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running, copy paste this command execute and press Pay in.
control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter
2 inch Network and Sharing Center window, click "Set up a new connection or network”To set up a new connection.
3 inch Configure a connection or network window, select "Connect to the Internet"And click"next".
4. In the Connect to the Internet window, click "However, set up a new connection".
5. Now if they ask you How do you want to connect? verification of declaration "Shows the connection options this computer is not configured to use”To see the available options. Now choose according to the connection you were using. [Example– We have chosen the “Broadband (PPPoE)” option which we are using.]
6. Then type the "Username:"And then write"Password:“What your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has to provide. Now finally click on "Connect”To connect to broadband.
Now check if you can connect to the broadband network or not. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-8 Re-register the raspppoe.sys file
Re-registering the raspppoe.sys file on your computer may fix this problem on your computer.
1. Click the search box next to the Windows icon and type "cmd"And the right mouse button on System symbol in the elevated search window and click on "Run as administrator”Open System Symbol as administrator.
2. Now, copy paste this command in System Symbol window and knock Pay in to re-register raspppoe.sys procedures-
Restart computer to complete the registration process. After rebooting, try to connect to the broadband network. Your problem should be solved.