VPN or Virtual Private Network provides an extra layer of anonymity to its users, as it is difficult to pinpoint real-time location when someone is using a VPN. But while working with a VPN, you may see an “Error Code -789” with a remote access error message. There is no need to worry. Follow these simple solutions to solve your problem.
Solutions to be tested initially
1. If this is the first time this has happened, start again your computer.
2. Disable or remove the antivirus software you are using on your computer.
Fix-1 Change registry-
Editing the registry on your computer may fix the problem.
You have to click on "archive">"Export“To create a backup of the existing registry. You can restore the registry to its original form in case of problems with the registry.
1. What you need to do in the beginning is to press the Windows key along with "S'key. Now type "regedit".
2. Then a simple press on the 'Log in'and you will see the Registry Editor appeared on the screen.
3. So go this way-
4. On the right side, right-click in space and then click "New>"And then click"Valore DWORD (32 bit)".
5. Now the right mouse button in the "New value no. 1"And then click"Rename".
6. Set the name as "AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule".
7. Now, double click on him "AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule”Value to change it.
8. Configure the 'Value data:' for "2".
9. Then click on "ok".
Close the Registry Editor window.
Fix-2 Restart and automate necessary services-
Restoring the necessary services on your computer will fix the problem.
1. Click the Windows key. Then start typing "Services".
2. Next, you need to press Log in.
3. Double click on it "IKE and AuthIP IPsec encryption modules"Service.
4. Now click on "Home“To start the service.
5. Now click on the drop-down menu and select “Automatic".
6. Then click on "To apply"And click"ok".
7. Scroll down to find the "IPSec Policy Agent"Service.
8. The right mouse button in the "IPSec Policy Agent"And then click"Restart“To start the service.
8. Now, double click on him "IPSec Policy Agent“To change the settings.
9. Now, click on the drop-down menu next to "Start type:", then select "Automatic".
10. If the service has not yet started, click on "Home“To start the service.
11. To save this change, click "To apply"And click"ok"
Near Window Services.
Now restart the VPN service. It should work normally.