See the error message "There were some problems installing updates ... (0x800704c7)Are you trying to update your Windows 10 computer? If so, your device will no longer receive updates unless you manually fix the problem. Primarily corrupted SoftwareDistribution directory is the main reason behind this problem. Follow these simple solutions to quickly fix the problem.
1. Restart your computer. The Windows Update The process requires you to restart your computer to install the update.
2. Disable any firewall or antivirus on your computer.
If restarting your computer didn't fix the problem, look for these solutions:
Solution: 1 Download the update from the update catalog
You can manually download and install Windows Knowledge Base (KB) updates on your computer.
1. At first, you need to access the window settings file.
2. Now click on "Update and security".
3. Next, click on “Windows update".
4. Then what you need to do is click on "Operating system build information"option.
5. Look for the 'Windows Specifications'.
6. Note the windows "Version".
7. Now, click on the arrow sign in the upper left corner of the window settings file.
8. Now, on the right side, you will see information about the pending update.
9. What you need to do now is make a note of the file KB information (the number associated with KB) and system specifications (x64 bue86).
(Example - In this case, the KB number is "KB2267602"And the specification of our system is"x64 bit".)
After doing that, you need to close the window settings file.
10. Next, you need to open a browser window and paste the KB Number file and hit Log in.
11. Now click on "Microsoft Update Catalog“In the search result.
12. Now in the list of updates, check which item matches your system specification (x64 bue86) and Windows version (1909, 1709).
13. Click on 'download“To download the exact package to your computer.
14. In a pop-up window, the file download the choice will prevail.
15. Now click on "* .msu“Package to start the download.
16. Choose a suitable location on the disk and click "Save".
After the download process is complete, close the browser window.
17. Go to the download path on your computer.
18 Double click in the installation package.
19. Now click on "Open".
Now, the standalone Windows Installer will install the update on your computer.
After the installation of the update process is complete, start again the computer to complete the process.
Fix- 2 Update your system with MCT
An alternative approach to fix the update problem on your computer is to use the Media Creation Tool. To do this, follow these simple steps:
1. What you need to do in the beginning is to visit the Microsoft Software Downloads page.
2. As a next step, click on “Download the tool now".
3. Then choose a suitable location on the disk to download the package.
4. Next, click on “Save“To save the package.
3. You should go to the location where you downloaded the file on your computer.
Four. Double click in "MediaCreationTool2004".
5. Next, click on “To accept“To accept the terms and conditions.
6. Then choose "Update this PC now".
7. Then click on "The next“To start the update process.
MCT will detect the update package for your computer. Let me download and install the package on your computer.
Restart your computer to complete the installation process.